Big Reunion Series 2 | Page 164 | The Popjustice Forum

Big Reunion Series 2

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by NuhdeensPassport, Apr 4, 2013.

1. SBK

SBK

2. moorje

moorje Guest

The britpop angle would be an interesting variation. I'd LOVE bands like Kenicke, Elastica, Mansun and Catatonia to be involved. However they've missed the boat on this as the big reunions (Blur, Suede and Pulp) have already happened.
    The Spice Girls thing is ridiculous though. After selling out arenas worldwide, an accompanying documentary and an iconic appearance at the closing ceremony, why would ANY of them want to be part of a programme on a lower digital channel that can't pull in even half a million viewers or give away seats to a 3000 capacity venue?
    Oh well, I suppose he was only talking fantasy.
    Why doesn't he just re-unite with Emma Forbes?

3. True but wouldn;t most of those bands consider themselves to be above reuniting on a TV show?

4. Does anyone have a link for the BR ratings for the last few shows?

5. moorje

moorje Guest

I don't think they'd consider themselves 'above' it. More that they're genuinely not interested. Shed 7 would do it though. The tour whores!

6. I could see a third series being viable if there was a big name attached to the format itself. Let's imagine they offered a giant bag of cash to Mel B and called it "Mel B's Big Reunion". Then they could follow her as she (fakely) went round trying to convince everyone else to be involved. People would watch that.

Won't happen, obviously. But that's the sort of twist I had in mind that could theoretically shake off some of the stench of failure associated with this series (which I am enjoying, but that seems to be the way it's being perceived).

7. duckface

duckface Guest

Mel B: "Right, Naima, so basically you were a bit of a slag who couldn't sing..."
    Heavenli: "It was important to have three people who could sing."
    Mel B: "Well, you still can't sing. So anyway, Mimimoomoo is out for another nose surgery so Naima these two need you to come back."
    Naima: "Sacre bleu! I shall not come back!"
    *Celena breaks down in tears*

8. I think the format lent itself to a one-off series. It was something different and new and sort of took off organically - nobody had predicted how successful it would be and the tour was announced only after the Hammersmith show turned out to be so much in demand. Part of the fun was how shocked and happy the bands were about going on tour. This series was never going to have the same magic.

9. Digital Spy has the viewing figures. Last programme was 268k. OUCH!!!

10. duckface

duckface Guest

Is that surprising? The Damage episode was less exciting than C-SPAN.

11. Kav's outburst gets more ridiculous every time I see it.

12. that's be great about the tour... if they do it right it could be massive!! to be fair if the nolans can pull off an arena tour 30 years later I think eternal can do it. Eternal and Louise they could all do they're solo bits.. it could be huge. They deserve to do something that pisses all over the big reunion... to be fair when you're flogging 5th story and 3ive ... seriously.... fly my pretties.

13. God I love Linzi.

14. MB

MB

The editing of this concert episode is horrific! It's showing more of the audience than the bands performing! Not to mention the interview interruptions - Just play the concert for gods sake

15. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Ben is a bit of cock by my gosh he is fit.

They didn't show much of Eternal, did they?

16. They did that last year didn't they? I remember finding it really annoying then too.

17. duckface

duckface Guest

I think that's the point; why pay to go if it's going to be shown on TV for free? I prefer the interviews anyway.

18. MB

MB

I'm nearly turning this crock of shite off! Only watching it for eternal and they showed 2 seconds of them

19. SBK

SBK

Have you not watched any of this series?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.