Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever | The Popjustice Forum

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tiger Suit, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Since "When We All Fall Asleep..." was such a force of an era, I think it's right we allow Billie's next era it's own room to breathe.

Out this Thursday, is her new single 'My Future'

What do you guys hope for, for the next album?

2. She can do whatever she wants, her talent is one in a million.

If I have to chose something, I would say I want songs on this vein.

But I have hope that whatever she brings next will be great.

3. I'm ready.

Dreampopboy likes this.
  4. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

There's no way this isn't gonna be heavily inspired by...current events.

Dreampopboy and Andy French like this.
  5. @eccentricsimply Sis you didn’t need to lock the other thread but work those powers.

6. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

It's the procedure from now on to lock older eras threads when a new one starts, for the sake of better organization dddd You can check Taylor's old threads for instance.

7. Okay!

@Jamie interesting point. I feel like we’re in for a large amount of music over the next few months. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some new Ari before the end of the year. Billie and Finneas have likely cooked up something phenomenal so I’m very very excited for this.

nooniebao likes this.
  8. When We All Fall Asleep... is a phenomenal debut album and was one of my favorites of last year. I'm excited to see what she does next.

I hope the rollout is a bit smoother this time. They don't have to worry so much about hype-building this time around so hopefully an album announcement is around the corner.

9. If "Everything I wanted" is any indication at how good the new music will be, I am very excited for this.

10. I know that nothing is a sure thing in pop, but with her streaming numbers and coming off the AOTY win it feels like she’s in the rare position of being able to do whatever she wants with her sophomore album and have a guaranteed smash. I wouldn’t mind more songs in the vein of When We All Fall Asleep...but I feel like she could really make this a Moment! if she comes back with something unexpected.

11. I want an album full of Everything I Wanted‘s.

Gemini, OlliMaus and D.Jay like this.
  12. I have no idea what to expect but I'm sure it'll be great. She's definitely my favorite "new" big pop girl so I'm ready to stan.
    2020 may suck in every sense of the word, but at least we've gotten lots of great music.

zacagay likes this.
  13. I would hope for some more songs featuring a "clearer" vocal production a la Ocean Eyes, because the mumble 'n' whisper treatment was a bit tew much for a whole album.

14. Considering the shit we have all been going through globally, being a pop music fan gives me a little sliver of relief and provide me the much needed consolation. I am here for new Billie too.

blaze_dave likes this.
  15. I'm intrigued where she'll head sound wise. The progression creatively from Don't Smile At Me to When We All Fall Asleep... was huge.

16. I wouldn't mind hearing something more tongue in cheek and playful, like 'Copycat', somewhere down the line.

Jersey likes this.
  17. This is me being selfish, but I want more songs like ocean eyes from her because it’d be great to listen with folklore. Lorde just needs to drop, too and 2020 will be the sad girl summer we haven’t had since the peak of Tumblr.

18. I want more quiet emo dance bops like ilomilo.

19. 10 million likes, whew her imperial phase is coming.

20. kal

kal

More of this please

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.