Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever | Page 105 | The Popjustice Forum

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tiger Suit, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Imagine how bored.mp3 we are

2. I'm glad she is still smashing sales wise but phew the absolute negative interest I have in the album is still so weird to me. It has everything that I should love but I feel zero impulse to return to it.

At least the title track (2-3 others) are getting regular outings on my playlists.

3. That post has a strong Gaga energy.

4. I feel the same. I have zero care for this album. It's not bad. I like a few of the songs but it really does nothing for me, and it doesn't shatter my world in ways some of her past work has. It just... exists. I'm glad she's gotten continued success, and the album is successful it seems. I hope it's not too long of a wait before the next one though, personally.

5. This is the album of the year.

Joe., enjoy, Gabeee9292 and 14 others like this.
  6. And the title track is song of the year, yes.

enjoy, Gabeee9292, Subwaykid and 12 others like this.
  7. Last.fm says it's my No 2 most played album this year (sandwiched between Doja and Kacey) and each time I discover new things.

8. It's an absolutely fantastic album, for me. It gets better with every listen.

9. Many months later, after multiple listens, this part still makes me weep.

You ruined everything good
    Always said you were misunderstood
    Made all my moments your own
    JUST FUCKING LEAVE ME ALONE

[​IMG]

Flop era my ass. Her best song of her career (so far) is on this album.

Never forget.

AllRed, ItBeats, enjoy and 11 others like this.
  10. Overheated has been on rotation since the album release. The O’Connells did what they had to do on that one.

11. I'm still waiting on that Missy-inspired video for this one. The best song on the album.

RainOnFire, nooniebao and spaceship like this.
  12. Agreed but sad they buried some production choices that make the song so low in the mix.

spaceship likes this.
  13. Yeah, it’s too quiet compared to the rest of the album (at least on Apple Music) but I think it’s a bug since the lyric video on YouTube is fine.

14. Watched the Disney special this weekend and it reminded me of how special she really is! While not every song or moment is for me, the talent is undeniable and when the stars align- like the title track, Billie Bossa Nova, and Male Fantasy- she's untouchable! I do think the album could use a little more editing and the general track listing isn't quite right for me (what is I Didn't Change My Number? doing as the follow up to Getting Older?) but I'm hoping the colder weather allows me to dig back into the phenomenal moments

HairBodyFace likes this.
  15. The Amazon box set is on sale (for those who are interested) and I’m tempted but it doesn’t come with any of the booklet. I might as well just get the photobook edition.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  16. Popping in to say this is my album of the year. 333 is a close second.

Gabeee9292, ItBeats, Vasilios and 2 others like this.
  17. I can't rank them as love Planet Her, SOUR, Star-Crossed, MONTERO, If I Could Make It Go Quiet, Blue Weekend are all up there for me.

BrokenHearts likes this.
  18. I think Getting Older is her most poignant and well written song. Still my AOTY.

cleosnatchra likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.