Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever | Page 106 | The Popjustice Forum

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tiger Suit, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Agreed but sad they buried some production choices that make the song so low in the mix.

spaceship likes this.
  2. Yeah, it’s too quiet compared to the rest of the album (at least on Apple Music) but I think it’s a bug since the lyric video on YouTube is fine.

3. Watched the Disney special this weekend and it reminded me of how special she really is! While not every song or moment is for me, the talent is undeniable and when the stars align- like the title track, Billie Bossa Nova, and Male Fantasy- she's untouchable! I do think the album could use a little more editing and the general track listing isn't quite right for me (what is I Didn't Change My Number? doing as the follow up to Getting Older?) but I'm hoping the colder weather allows me to dig back into the phenomenal moments

HairBodyFace likes this.
  4. The Amazon box set is on sale (for those who are interested) and I’m tempted but it doesn’t come with any of the booklet. I might as well just get the photobook edition.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  5. Popping in to say this is my album of the year. 333 is a close second.

Gabeee9292, ItBeats, Vasilios and 2 others like this.
  6. I can't rank them as love Planet Her, SOUR, Star-Crossed, MONTERO, If I Could Make It Go Quiet, Blue Weekend are all up there for me.

BrokenHearts likes this.
  7. I think Getting Older is her most poignant and well written song. Still my AOTY.

cleosnatchra likes this.
  8. NDA wasn't my favorite song initially, but it's completely dug into me over time. I love how it's part flex and part living nightmare, both at the same time.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    Bobbyrae likes this.
  10. Clip of the No Time to Die demo:

11. Oof. I want that demo on streaming. I love No Time To Die. One of my favorite songs of hers really.

blaze_dave likes this.
  12. Her Vanity Fair interview for 2021 is finally out!

Wishlight, wodny, Gabeee9292 and 10 others like this.
  13. Now I'm stuck on Overheated. We love an exquisite, dark, skittery bop.

Wishlight, Mikal, Hyrulian and 8 others like this.
  14. Overheated was my first fave on first album listen and it still is. An experience.

Wishlight, Mikal, nooniebao and 8 others like this.
  15. Overheated worship posts should be posted on every page.

Wishlight, Mikal, nooniebao and 7 others like this.
  16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This album doesn’t have a bad song. I still can’t get over the range of it.

Wishlight, ItBeats, Hyrulian and 15 others like this.
  17. I still find it funny that, on an album that houses quite a few flirts with different genres, the song I keep coming back to the most is Male Fantasy. Her vocals, the subject matter, the melodies, the production... everything is exquisite and weirdly moving.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.