Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever | Page 49 | The Popjustice Forum

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tiger Suit, Jul 25, 2020.

1. I came here expecting everyone to love this nn I’m obsessed!

spaceship and AmericanMoney like this.
  2. I didn't love it at first, but I'm liking it more and more with each listen. It has such a slow burning hook.

Love the video.

3. She seems to have taken the sonic direction of my boy and fleshed it out across these new single. And my boy was... my least favorite from early Billie dd I hope she knows ocean eyes remains her best song!

4. I'm loving the mature sound of this album so far. This is another win, my less fav reminds Therefore I Am.

spaceship likes this.
  5. I'm loving how understated this is, it's kind of giving me Portishead by way of Jorja Smith. I adore how crisp her voice sounds too.

godspeed, Crisp X and Euphoria like this.
  6. K94

K94

Wasnt too sure until the last minute - she's definitely sliding on the beat and, based on what we've heard, the album seems to be shaping up nicely.

7. This being applicable to like 90% of her discography dddd.

Verandi, Sam, nooniebao and 6 others like this.
  8. This is alright but I could never hear it again and be fine.

9. Therefore I Am is the only song so far that has like a badass vibe to it. I want to feel like hot shit when I listen to her music, and then be crying the next second. These songs are a bit too middle of the road for me personally. They just don't punch me in either direction. And while technically they are good songs, great songs even- they aren't hitting me as hard as I hope her next ones will.

10. This is the first song of hers I can honestly say it’s not good.

11. I do think the production just isn't strong enough for most of it, its her new style but the voice is just too high in the mix for something so minimal. Once the extra vocals come in and it beefs up a bit, it really slaps.

Also call me sensitive but the 'you got no job!' doesn't make me kii as much considering the state of the world and her privilege where she is right now...

Modeblock, 4Roses, tea and 14 others like this.
  12. This is so true. It's so jarring on Your Power especially when she starts the first verse.

13. Lost Cause weirdly reminds me of this, but in a less interesting way.

The video is serving New Rules levels of realness, but with a beige palette and tipsy camera work.

Judy Jetson Hooker and Crisp X like this.
  14. kal

kal

Lost Cause depends completely on the bass line, which unfortunately can’t be appreciated on most devices. I literally had to listen to it on my over-ear headphones to make sense of it.

15. Can't believe we got Viva S Club Yeezy edition visuals with that Floetry bop.
    Bring on the album.

Conan and sesita like this.
  16. Stream Lost Cause for clear skin and boppery!

17. I liked this better on my initial listen, after 4 or 5 plays I’ve realised it goes nowhere. I’m tuned out half way through.

heavymetalGAGA, Gemini and spaceship like this.
  18. It is the opposite for me. I can safely say i really love this right now

Jonathan27 likes this.
  19. YouTube showed me an ad for a meditation and sleep app before the music video. It felt strangely fitting.

20. Finally listening to the song without the album. It's certainly a mood, but it does go pretty much nowhere. As an album track I don't think I would be complaining about it, but it does seem an odd pick for a single. Especially after Your Power.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.