Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever | Page 67 | The Popjustice Forum

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tiger Suit, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Yes, true I just think it would generate more interest if you scattered the deluxe edition songs around instead of different colors of vinyl/cassettes. I think it's cute that fans can pick which variation they like the most when they buy an album. It's more for those who buy multiple that I wish could get a little more out of it. Like you could actually play different versions to hear different bonus tracks rather than just look at your multiple colors on a shelf.

2. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Hate to be that guy, but I just want Billie Bossa Nova to be a bop,

3. It's good but it's sadly not. Oxytocin on the other hand ...

tea, myblood, Slice of Life and 12 others like this.
  4. Honestly, I think it would just create indifference more than anything. People are already overwhelmed by variants without the added stress of collecting each version for an extra track. And I don't think Western consumers are even reliable enough these days to pull it off. It would be another story if we were talking K-pop, where we know those fans are going to collect every version. Western acts can barely shift one version of an album dd.

5. kal

kal

Yeah, labels used to get a lot of flack for exploiting the most hardcore fans with endless variants, each having an exclusive bonus track.

This way the diehards can still buy all the variants, and the casual fans can get one copy without FOMO.

soratami and Lapras like this.
  6. Well this makes me feel better about thinking most of the singles have been misses. I look forward to hearing everything within the context of the album of course, but I was kinda worried none of the remaining album tracks would be standouts if they weren't being picked for singles.

spaceship likes this.
  7. tea, myblood, Jersey and 13 others like this.
  8. Me when the Happier Than Ever breakdown happens midway through the song.

tea, myblood, Music Is Death and 7 others like this.
  9. I’m pretty sure the title track leaked.

What in the Witness is going on here?

10. Title track is her best song holy shit

tea, GRMusic, spaceship and 1 other person like this.
  11. Yeah the title track is fantastic. If she chose to lead the era with that I feel like she'd be dealing with way less bullshit.

tea, GRMusic and spaceship like this.
  12. The album is fantastic, you are going to be surprised.

13. The title track (especially second half) hits perfectly with the Olivia ‘sound’ everyone is obsessed with right now. I wish they pushed it earlier in the campaign when she had the peak hype.

14. Wow, "Male Fantasy" is gorgeous. And the title track... wow

spaceship likes this.
  15. Oh damn. The title track is massive.
    It got me tearing up on the first listen because the raw emotion she pulls in that is so visceral in her vocals, writing and the production. I'd throw away a few of the lead up singles if it meant she had pushed this out already.

Male Fantasy leaked too. Definitely sounds like the kind of album closer that makes you take a deep breath after, leaving you to sit there and think about all you just listened to.

I can't wait to listen to this full album.

spaceship likes this.
  16. Well some of my fears have been alleviated by these reviews.

17. Halley's Comet is out there too.
    Verrry gorgeous little song, with a very interesting dream sequence-y outro bit.

spaceship likes this.
  18. The handful of tracks that leaked are all way better than everything they chose to release in the lead up.

19. The title track has FLOORED me. Wow.

tea, alestevens and spaceship like this.
  20. Who chose the pre-release tracks, Ye?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.