Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever | Page 80 | The Popjustice Forum

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tiger Suit, Jul 25, 2020.

1. But that’s the best part of it. I love a distorted breakdown.

tea, Tigerlily, myblood and 7 others like this.
  2. Also, I still don't get the ambivalence towards "Lost Cause" - it's such a smooth, sultry tune and perfectly encapsulates the album's sound. Such a grower and it's definitely among my favourite singles from this era.

3. kal

kal

Lost Cause suffers because it relies so heavily on the bass line. You just can’t appreciate it on smaller/weaker speakers.

4. I don't relate to you
    I don't relate to you

No
    Cause I'd never treat me this shitty

[​IMG]

5. I love this.

6. I keep discovering new subtle details with every listen and I can’t stop having this record on repeat. She should be so proud of this record. She easily could have settled and made ten new Bad Guy’s but instead she went: naaah, screw that.

7. Whew, "Billie Bossa Nova" is quite:

[​IMG]

Possibly my favourite song from the album.

tea, myblood, superultra and 17 others like this.
  8. Yeah, it's doubtless intentional, but it does slightly annoy me.

Maki likes this.
  9. The ATRL posters are saying it's underperforming. I don't really understand the numbers though.

spaceship likes this.
  10. Yeah, me too. I'm seeing meltdowns on Twitter. They're saying her debut had 47 million streams on its first day. Looks like Gen Z is still upset.

nooniebao and SlowBurn like this.
  11. Yup, we could say it's slightly underperforming, the rollout no doubt did some damage.

Bobbyrae, SlowBurn and spaceship like this.
  12. Given the amount that Spotify pushed this it's less than I expected but still a perfectly healthy debut that most of the girls could only wish for.

13. I wish they just surprised released the whole album shortly after she revealed her new hair colour. Attention was at its peak back then.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  14. I can totally see this going gold (U.K.) in it’s first week.

15. Critical acclaim and word to mouth will keep this alive and eventually cement its status as a masterpiece. Again quite like Melodrama although obviously Billie’s start is bigger already.

myblood, Jacques, Bobbyrae and 4 others like this.
  16. Underwhelming numbers on Spotify giving the push she got on it, but she'll have huge physical sales I'm assuming.

17. Imagine if we first saw her new hair in the “Happier Than Ever” music video? My scalp.

18. I don’t think this will sell 100,000 in its first week - Dave’s album did 33k streaming equivalent sales last week (74k total) with much higher streams than Billie - she would need to sell at least 70k in physicals/downloads which probably won’t happen.

19. I'm obsessing over I Didn't Change My Number currently. That sparse, 90s hip hop ish beat is addictive. And then it slips into the easy breezy boppery of Billie Bossa Nova.

myblood, Jonathan27, 3Xs and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.