Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? | The Popjustice Forum

Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tiger Suit, Dec 30, 2018.

1. I know the new queen of Melancholy Pop already has a thread, but after listening to the singles from the upcoming album, I think it needs to be a separate entity.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  2. Ddddd not “wish you were gay” being a title.

Meathook and slaybellz like this.
  3. Judging by the titles, this won’t be the Tidal-lite debut album I was lowkey hoping for from her. Dddd. I’ll give her a few years. I’m sure this will be decent, anyway.

4. She went full-tilt The 1975 with that title.

Kadebostany and OspreyQueen like this.
  5. 2014

2014 Moderator

Those titles are cringe o'clock.

soratami and slaybellz like this.
  6. She’s insanely boring from the few bits I’ve heard.

Where do we go when we fall asleep indeed.

GimmeWork, slaybellz and alejandrusco like this.
  7. I think she's super talented. Am cautiously excited. The titles crack me up with their earnest, lowercase drama, though.

money or misery.

tenor-21.gif

8. I can't wait, her Ep was great and the new songs are even better

9. All of the songs we've heard so far are great. I really hope come out & play is on the album because I think it's my favorite out of all the singles.

I reiterate my statement that she'll be an artist that's a lot more interesting in a few years so I'm expecting this to be a little bit patchy but I'm excited.

10. the lowercase titles continue to annoy me

Satyress, Island and Euphoria like this.
  11. I love the album title, ready for some album artwork more in vein of don't smile at me instead of the single covers.

12. I'm ready for this sadcore (m)op(e)us. If wish you were gay is real...it's probably gonna be a bit TOO real for me dddd

13. I stan, but I feel like ever since she blew up she's been putting out slowies exclusively and I want bangers.

14. RJF

RJF

Has Billie even really blown up in a traditional way? She doesn't really feel conventionally successful. I feel like she's less on her way to becoming a more household name and it's more like... she has been able to find her audience with laser-like accuracy and skip over all the bullshit that puts her in the awareness of anyone who doesn't really care. I mean, the streaming numbers and tour sales don't lie.

15. I love Billie, she’s filled the hole in my heart Halsey left behind.

16. My two new faves together?

spaceship likes this.
  17. Wow, ok, not a crossover I saw coming. How does a Mexican-language arthouse drama overlap with Billie Eilish's schtick? I guess they're both sad.

Vasilios and spaceship like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.