Birdy - Wings (Single) & Fire Within (2nd Album) | The Popjustice Forum

Birdy - Wings (Single) & Fire Within (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by CaliforniaKing, Jul 22, 2013.

1. So Birdy has announced her second (and first all original content) album, 'Fire Within', to be released this September.

First single is called 'Wings' and is hauntingly beautiful, yet still radio friendly:
    [video=youtube;SpO3q4ouW1Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpO3q4ouW1Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I wasn't a huge fan of her first album, but if her original stuff follows this trajectory, I think she'll be huge.

2. Hitori

Hitori Guest

She'll be bigger I reckon!

3. Amazing as usual...

4. Amazing lead single.
    Cannot wait for the album. Anything as epic as Terrible Love & Comforting Sounds I'm here for.

5. A&E

A&E

Well this song is strangely grating (what are these vocals in the chorus?!), and the similarity to "Stop & Stare" doesn't help. I do hope that there will be something more 'epic' on the album.

6. I was listening to Terrible Love on repeat today so I'm excited for more of Birdy

7. The lyrics to this song are extraordinarily fragile, and effortlessly beautiful. I can't stop hitting repeat-- so touching and anthemic.

8. Excellent lead single, I'm expecting big things from this era!

9. rdp

rdp

The melody in the verses weirdly remind me of The Knife's "Heartbeats". Not sure about the song but it feels like a grower.

10. Oh this is WONDERFUL. Leona would kill for a song like this.

11. I like how her songs called Wings... birds have wings.

12. Wow. She is going to reach astronomical heights with this album. I don't want to say it... but could she pull an Adele?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  13. "All You Never Say" lyric video.

[video=youtube;6iB5MLmmgyE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iB5MLmmgyE#at=56[/video]

14. Lovely tune.

15. Wings has really grown on me, and All You Never Say is a beautiful little song.

I don't know why but her music reminds me of the Hunger Games. Her first album was like the first film's soundtrack in my eyes, so it's kinda neat that her second album will be out in time for the sequel!

16. She did a song for the soundtrack too, which may add to this:

[video=youtube;gBcQjTKAOQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBcQjTKAOQI[/video]

17. Yes! Just a Game is one of my favourite Birdy songs. It's interesting to hear that she is a fan of the franchise. District Sleeps Alone Tonight and Without A Word really remind me of the first book/film.

18. I like how they're not trying to chase single sales, I just got All You Never Say for free by signing the mailing list.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.