Björk - Fossora | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Björk - Fossora

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Glitterizer, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Sometimes, people sharing stuff on here from Twitter has a real 'cat brings home a dead mouse' vibe to it.

2. Pluto into All Is Full of Love (Howie's Version) might be her best closing duo

3. Snap!!!

Itslevvyqueen and huntypoo like this.
  4. Oh my god, add me to this list!

I would never have listened to Homogenic if it wasn't for my musical mind being expended by Impossible Princess. Now they are my two favourite albums of all time.

5. I know it doesn't matter in the slightest, but it's wild to me that these literal children are just so disrespectful to everyone. The artists, the fans, everyone. Like, Ariana wouldn't want you to behave this way, fetus.

And that was my Grandpa Simpson yelling at a cloud moment of the day. Thank you.

6. "Pluto" is and has always been a 10/10 song.

7. My Björk / alt music awakening came from catching the Army of Me music video on VH1 circa 2009, but for some reason I went and downloaded her newest album (Volta) instead of the one that song was from, right before a long trip with no internet, so there I sat in the car trying to process just what the fuck I was listening to... Earth Intruders lured me in easily, but the rest was extremely challenging. Mind you, at that time I had just started taking an interest in pop and music in general, thanks to Lady Gaga.

Atletico, Txetxu, Isobel and 4 others like this.
  8. All these people discovering the magnificence of “Pluto” is sending me!

theincredibleflipper and Maki like this.
  9. Which Bjork video is this

theincredibleflipper and Maki like this.
    JMRGBY, Doenjang, Purple and 14 others like this.
  11. The way "Triumph of a Heart" just sounds like "I am Reptar" rumbling throughout, honestly, mind of a mastermind
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    Andy French, Dynamo and xOJakeXo like this.
  12. Seriously, the way that tweet's creator is acting in the comments like Björk is a random nobody, Pluto is an irredeemable piece of trash and there must be something wrong with anyone who enjoys it... It's just sad that there are people who think/act that way.

flyingwill and Maki like this.
  13. This whole thing reminded me of something that happened to me a few years ago. I was listening to Homogenic on my way to a restaurant, and when I get there what else do I hear coming from the speakers but... Homogenic. This was many years after the album had come out, and it's not like there was any sort of connection between the (Italian) restaurant and Björk. Just a wild coincidence. So I was sitting there thinking "I can't believe this happened" and "are they really going to play Pluto?", but they changed the music to something like five seconds into Pluto fff

LPT, Andy French, nikkysan and 7 others like this.
  14. This reminds me of the time I was choosing music on a café jukebox and it just started playing The Anchor Song by itself. The looks I got.

LPT, Burzum, Andy French and 5 others like this.
  15. I can't lie, it was hearing 'It's Oh So Quiet' and seeing the video that got me interested in Bjork. My sister's friend had the album and made a copy for me on cassette.

I recall hearing the end of 'The Modern Things' with the track skipping and just assuming my sister's friend had recorded it from a vinyl and her vinyl was scratched! It wasn't until about 2 years later when I was collecting more Bjork on CD that I realised it was just how the track was produced.

Homogenic was the first Bjork album I had asked for for Christmas and was excited to listen to as a new fan and my love for that album and Bjork just grew from there.

16. Kylie was my gateway drug to properly getting into Bjork. I bunked off school to go into Glasgow the day Impossible Princess was due to be released. Obviously I was clueless that it had been postponed due to Princess Diana’s death. I had saved up my pocket money so was determined to come away with something. Saw Bjork’s Homogenic in the new releases, thought the cover looked cool and the rest is history.

Jacques, LPT, Crisp X and 12 others like this.
  17. That cover alone surely got many a random purchaser's attention?

beautifulmorning and tripmywire like this.
  18. If we're sharing origin stories, I was reading some teen magazine in 1999 or so that had a feature where readers sent in pics of their bedrooms. One girl had a Björk-themed room full of candles and framed album art. I'd never heard of her and the kind of music I liked then was TLC, Mariah, Janet, Spice Girls (still all great of course!). I looked her up online and got mesmerized by the lyrics to Violently Happy and Anchor Song.

Not long after that I went to NYC and remembered Björk when I was at the Virgin Megastore in Times Square. I got "Debut" because it had those two songs on it and I liked the cover. (Mind you, I'd never even heard clips of any music!) A life-changing moment, truly. My room would soon have more Björk stuff in it than the magazine girl's.

LPT, Crisp X, bonnieetclyde and 7 others like this.
  19. My mother, of all people, dragged me to the Bjork section of a music store to show me Homogenic’s album cover. I was a kid.

LPT, bonnieetclyde, Burzum and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.