Björk - Fossora | Page 34 | The Popjustice Forum

Björk - Fossora

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Glitterizer, Oct 24, 2021.

1. I love it! It’s a lot more accessible and more conventionally structured than her recent work.

LPT, Island, Maki and 3 others like this.
  2. Who’s the guy dj’ing? I watched the video again and I don’t know what it is, but I still crack up during the last minute of it. It’s manic as hell!

3. Jamiroquai

Jacques, Crisp X, myblood and 7 others like this.
  4. You took the word right out of my mouth! It has a 90s club kid vibe.

Euphoria likes this.
  5. I love everything about this, the bass clarinets, the lyrics, the visuals, the amazing eerie backing harmonies giving me Medulla vibes, the beat switching into psycho mode at the end. Welcome back queen.

6. Just watched the video... it kinda looks like a Jools Holland studio performance but is also a slay purr mama, she's so fun to watch.

myblood, Edu, huntypoo and 7 others like this.
  7. Oh, this is pretty good. I'm gonna need her to yassify a section with Crystalline and Declare Independence at the Fossussy Ball encore and I'll be bopping with the other punchy subs front row!

Petition for Arca to put a KLK / Prada / El Alma Que Te Trajo spin to it and send it to the clubs. Hell, add Tokischa on it.

Rafa_el, Future Lover and Vasilios like this.
  8. One of the menbers of Gaber Modus Operandi

9. @Glitterizer saying the bass clarinet was a goofy instrument is spot on. Like the dissonance between the melodies and the (amazing) beat sent me on first listen. And the video oh my god! She's having a blast and I lost it at the outro.

sesita, Crisp X, LPT and 5 others like this.
  10. LTG

LTG

Hiking BPM bjöp.

11. Do we know if it is maybe the one that doesn't have the allegations towards him and the other one may be not in it for that reason?

12. This shit is wild. I think I like it?!

13. As is often the case, I'm really not sure what to make of it. Other than I laughed and I love the visuals and I want to listen again.

beautifulmorning likes this.
  14. I thought that might be the case. Thanks!

15. A bit The Comet Song, a bit KICK ii, a bit Mutual Core. I LOVE it.

Rafa_el and Cutlery like this.
  16. Atopos tells me that we're getting a groundly version of Biophilia - which is a nice thing. It just reminded me of Crystalline / Mutual Core (like few of you folks)
    The song lives for it's name; instruments are kinda 'out of place' and the beat slaps hard. Since 2011, getting used to the new Björk releases take time for me and I'm pretty sure I'll fall in love with that particular song too.

LGStan93, bonnieetclyde and Rafa_el like this.
  17. I'm getting hints of Mutual Core, Black Lake (Bloom Remix) and I am so here for it.

I love that she's having an absolute scream throughout the video and for a second during that breakdown I thought she was having a fag but it's just her rings. Dddd.

Screenshot_2022-09-06-11-51-07-63_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

myblood, LPT, LGStan93 and 14 others like this.
  18. I particularly enjoy the production elements that sound like it should soundtrack Tom & Jerry sneaking up on each other.

Crisp X, myblood, YRSHKD and 16 others like this.
  19. It is funny how this is just a few production changes away from being a very easy to digest pop song. But whenever you feel the production is getting comfortable with itself it changes and pushes to a new and harder direction.

YRSHKD, LPT, LGStan93 and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.