Björk - Fossora | Page 35 | The Popjustice Forum

Björk - Fossora

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Glitterizer, Oct 24, 2021.

1. I'm rationally angry we spent years battling in debates about melody, structure and lack thereof, and then Björk releases her weirdest, most menacing, literally dissonant, zero-hooks anti-pop lead single ever and it's finally deemed accessible? Is it just because she's wearing pretty make up this time around or does the song work as an actual hallucinogenic mushroom because...

fancygreen, Stuart, sesita and 32 others like this.
  2. I like the beat.gif

Her insistence on not singing in tune lately is something that still baffles me but at least the whole package is something new. I guess.

myblood, Txetxu, Trinu 3.0 and 5 others like this.
  3. The dissonant bass clarinets, the beat dropping in and out, the chaotic gabber only increasing in intensity by the end, the Mother Earth lyrics floating above it all...

I don't know how she does it. But she does it. And she does it well.

sesita, Crisp X, myblood and 13 others like this.
  4. Double post but I'm cackling at her giving us ready made gifs on her website

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2 and #4 are a scream tbh

myblood, YRSHKD, LPT and 12 others like this.
  5. #4 (and other moments in the video) reminds me of Yolandi of Die Antwoord. I think it’s the nails and mannerisms.

Verandi likes this.
  6. Serving

[​IMG]

Also for the photoshop gays here are the .png files of the new logo and song title

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

myblood, LPT, Maki and 3 others like this.
  7. Those are some serious lashes Bjork is sporting. Probably cost a ton. I hope we get to see the Ursula/Bea Arthur hair in action for something.

8. What a bop.
    [​IMG]

sesita, myblood, LPT and 10 others like this.
  9. LTG

LTG

From the website:

I thought it was Hungry?

myblood, askew, Glitterizer and 5 others like this.
  10. I had no idea what to expect but I enjoyed it in all its 'Bastards remixes' boppery.

11. Wow this is intense. I love me some chaotic energy Björk (this in particular has elements of "Pluto" and "Mutual Core") but I also really like how it finds space for a subtle moment, even though that part doesn't have a memorable melody. And of course I stan how it just goes batshit crazy at the end. Needless to say, I'll need more than a few listens to properly process the song. Surely must be among her most daring lead singles?

sesita, Up N Down, LGStan93 and 5 others like this.
  12. Is this your shortest and most accessible post ever?
    [​IMG]

fancygreen, OlliMaus, sesita and 25 others like this.
  13. The last minute of the video should come with a warning. Even her post from it on social media is about to give me a seizure.

LGStan93 likes this.
  14. I like everything (tis a bop and the video is excellent with playful Björk back) except her vocal delivery, which is a first. She's just shouting and forcing her voice and I don't think it helps get the message across.

The ''hook'' is catchy though, if as clumsy as usual (Are these excuses to not connect?).

15. Hungry does make-up.

Jóga likes this.
  16. She looks like she's having so much fun in the video and the song is riot as expected. So excited for the album.

myblood, YRSHKD, LGStan93 and 4 others like this.
  17. Start your own currency!

Make your own stamp!

Bookwormboy, myblood, YRSHKD and 12 others like this.
  18. In some* vernacular, 'beat' means 'face make-up'.

*I don't dare say which because I'm not sure in which one it actually originated. I only know drag queens appropriated it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.