Björk - Fossora | Page 38 | The Popjustice Forum

Björk - Fossora

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Glitterizer, Oct 24, 2021.

1. I'm off the coast of Iceland right now and couldn't have asked for better timing for this single drop. The mountains in the distance are every bit as jagged as these deliciously nasty beats.

myblood, nikkysan, LPT and 13 others like this.
  2. Where is the remix EP, Mjöder?

myblood likes this.
  3. I’m Bjoping hard.

4. Meh not really feeling it, sounds like an worser recreation from worse moment in Volta.

5. Half of Volta is worse than this.

6. LTG

LTG

Driving round Iceland last November, putting Jóga on the car radio, I felt like such a Fagurt er í fjörðum.

Fuchsia, myblood, nikkysan and 11 others like this.
  7. I love this? She looks like she's having so much fun in the video too.

8. Here for her Hidden era.

madeofghosts likes this.
  9. This is a win! Little Fagurts unite!

10. That last burst of energy closing out the track/video is such a rush. I love those shots of her from below, swinging her arms back and forth, ringing like a mad mushroom bell.

sesita, myblood, Euphoria and 6 others like this.
  11. Hm I thought this sounded similar:

(the song above is likely fan-made from "Medúlla" and "Drawing Restraint 9" vocal clips)
    Edit: It's actually used in her The Inner or Deep Part of an Animal or Plant Structure DVD from 2004.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    Glitterizer and Applause like this.
  12. This is as bonkers as I'd hoped it would be. Rhythm, hefty beats and...yeah I'm all in.

Euphoria and Maki like this.
  13. But if that classifies as a hook, "I care for you, care for you" and the recurrent synth flourish on "The Gate" are hooks as well! And catchier than any repeated part on "Atopos". "The Gate" is also more structured and, well, traditional: it shares the same basic architecture of many other Björk songs. It's just very slow, very quiet, very lengthy and preceded by a long intro.

"Atopos" is weirder in every way. It gets a pass because, as you said, it's bouncy, percussive and its beats simpler than the tapestry of gunshots, ghost screams and car horns Arca wove for Vulnicura and Utopia. It still commits all the pop music crimes Björk has been accused of in the last decade though. It's actually so fucking funny, one of those absurd masterpieces of comedy only life itself can come up with: her work has been dismissed as atonal, dissonant and meandering for the past 10 years even when it was light years away from sounding like the Karlheinz Stockhausen realness some listeners maligned it as, and now that it's as atonal, dissonant and meandering as ever—and delightfully unapologetic about it—it's seen as a return to form, a moment of "ah, now this is more like it!"?

But that fagurts have a tendency to switch, we had already learned from the early work of leading American thinker Nicki Minaj, and that the slightest DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM is enough to loosen up the tightest, most stubbornly clenched musical recti is a proven fact of science.

14. "Sine From Above (Chester Lockhart, Mood Killer and Lil Texas remix)" <3

sesita, myblood, nikkysan and 9 others like this.
  15. The way I can’t stop picturing Toni Collette SLAMMING her head on the floor in Hereditary when the beat kicks in.

fancygreen, sesita, Applause and 3 others like this.
  16. The bonkers ending kind of reminds me of the last 45 seconds or so of CUUUUuuuuute by Rosalía (a.k.a. the best song of 2022)...a potential collaboration to unite the gays of all ages there.

Euphoria likes this.
  17. [​IMG]

sesita, HorseTears, myblood and 15 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.