Björk - Fossora

This might be just a me thing because I believe uncanniness can be very subjective sometimes, but her thin brows give me silent film/1920's era makeup, and that also contributes greatly to the creepy vibes for me. It's like there's a certain anachronism at play throughout the whole video when you take that makeup and combine it with its futuristic quality, the DJ wearing an early-90's drug dealer neon Adidas jogging jacket, the musicians and their almost comical clown trousers, her strange gestures, etc. And she is no stranger to flirting with these unnerving elements, which I love.

Speaking of unnerving...
bjork.jpg

I-

Her fans really are something else.

I have to stop myself from overplaying this. It's the way she's serving twisted carnival Tom Waits with the clarinet, the chaotic harmonies of Tune-Yards, and the abrasive beats of Death Grips all in one, but make it unmistakably Bjork. What a vision. We must keep safe our art gurlies who will always just GO for it.

Never heard such melodies from her.
Every verse is a tune, every chorus made for the charts. I can already hear it on radio. Her sell out era I guess.

I must...

01 - Hidden Place
02 - Stonemilker
(I've Seen It All)
03 - Crystalline
04 - The Gate
05 - Atopos (Hot Shot Debut)
06 - Army Of Me
07 - Human Behaviour
08 - Earth Intruders
09 - Joga
10 - Oceania​

B's first songs released from each album...

I must...

01 - Hidden Place
02 - Stonemilker
(I've Seen It All)
03 - Crystalline
04 - The Gate
05 - Atopos (Hot Shot Debut)
06 - Army Of Me
07 - Human Behaviour
08 - Earth Intruders
09 - Joga
10 - Oceania​

B's first songs released from each album...
This list is wild. Nothing I'd rate below a 9/10, and mostly 10s and 11s.