Björk - Fossora | Page 40 | The Popjustice Forum

Björk - Fossora

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Glitterizer, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Sorry but it's giving we're all one race the human race nn.

2. Honestly, the reason I think I love this so much is its giving the same energy, humor and even sonic universe of "I Miss You" and 'Declare Independence" (the horns and frantic nature especially), and that's sort of a version of Bjork I've been missing for awhile.

3. Nn I didn't wanna say it but yes. All muscle lives matter!

sesita, Pink_Punk, HorseTears and 3 others like this.
  4. I'm pretty sure I've already played Atopos more than Stonemilker and The Gate combined nn

5. I kind of thought fun Bjork was kind of gone forever. I accepted she is a poet and auteur of unbridled talent, but I thought maybe she was getting a little too mature (outside of her DJ sets). This is the most excited I've ever been about an album of hers, and I just love the humor of it all. I need gifs of all her micromovements. And to see her smile and dance just touched by raving-90s-Bjork nerve, and I loved it.

6. The reactions to this are kind of hilarious? In my opinion the Utopia singles are much more accessible than this?! Especially "Blissing me".

7. I'm on my third listen in and I am beginning to love this, the last minute is a moment indeed, and it reminds me of Crystalline, which, has ultimately led me back to that song, and phew, it's aged wonderfully.

Isobel, Rafa_el and Juango like this.
  8. Blissing Me and The Gate sure were prettier and more accessible, but also a bit unexciting, meandering and tame. This is more of a Bjöp in the vein of Crystalline / Mutual Core, despite the dissonance, more than a decade after those, so the reception is to be expected.

9. It weirdly made me think of Innocence as well. Not sure why.

10. This is her most accessible lead since Earth Intruders? It's so straightforward - she's literally spelling out her intent by having the lyrics in the video (or maybe she spent the budget on the Burberry fits and didn't have enough left for a lyric video)

Verandi likes this.
  11. The bit in the video where the pill kicks in and she starts going for it.

HorseTears, Andy French and Michael17 like this.
  12. ohhHHH ohhhHHHH ARE THESE JUST EXCUSES TO NOTTTTTT..........

connect
    [​IMG]

13. I was prepared for the gabber; I was not prepared for the reggaeton.

Indigo, Ana Raquel, myblood and 7 others like this.
  14. I mean… it’s a modern Björk song so it sort of transcends “bad” or “good” definitions but like…I’m laughing so it’s brought me joy I guess. I don’t actually think it’s very likeable as music but the whole affair is whimsical. It made me go and stream Biophilia which is a win for her I guess.

I wish she sort of… sang more? If you get me? It’s sometimes a bit too much like talking pointedly and off beat and I’m like ok can you come up with something else. That said I would die for her and her right to destroy my ear drums.

15. Love the song. Love the video. Love her.

Rafa_el likes this.
  16. Yeah I'm not enjoying the vocals but it's nice to see her... actually looking happy and having some fun after so long. Everything from Biophilia on was so serious/ gloomy/ self-absorbed that it's actually quite shocking to see her smiling like that in the video.

Future Lover, Rafa_el and Jóga like this.
  17. Video is great. She looks and acts 2. Makes me like the song more.

Future Lover and Rafa_el like this.
  18. That’s boring accessible

19. The Gate is brillant.

Xanax likes this.
  20. [​IMG]

She's in her reputatjön era.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.