Björk - Fossora | Page 42 | The Popjustice Forum

Björk - Fossora

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Glitterizer, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Joga
    Hidden Place
    Army of Me
    Human Behaviour
    Earth Intruders
    Oceania
    Stonemilker
    Crystalline
    Atopos
    The Gate

Verandi likes this.
  2. It never ages a day, no matter how many times you listen to it. A beautiful song on a truly remarkable album.

3. Jóga is the only Bjork single I bought week of release. I remember a drama with the CD single - I was in London and it was nowhere and I could only find it in a greek shop?

samosamosamo and Atletico like this.
  4. Lead singles rank:

Joga
    Army Of Me
    Hidden Place
    Earth Intruders
    Human Behaviour
    Atopos
    Who Is It
    Stonemilker
    Crystalline
    The Gate

Verandi likes this.
  5. In other news, I just found out she’s never had a UK #1 album.

HOW!?

Post, Homogenic and Vespertine are sheer genius.

LGStan93 likes this.
  6. Had Michael Jackson not decided to release HIStory on the Thursday of that week, Post would have got to number 1. I remember being super-annoyed, as Post was the first album I ever bought on its release day - got the bus into town after school and everything!

Rafa_el and Vasilios like this.
  7. I think there was also a manufacturing issue with Post and a number of copies had to be retrieved, thus resulting in a #2 placement.

8. Is there any chance of Fossora going #1? Any other big releases that week?

9. The lyrics to Atopos are straight from a '10s Bjork word-generator, but

To insist on absolute justice at all times
    It blocks connection

is a moment. Gen X queen!

10. In the UK the CD singles were available as the 3CD+VHS boxset, which made it ineligible to chart as it exceeded the 3 format rule of the time - I read that OLI had issues with Official Charts on trying to make it eligible (but failed), so maybe they pulled the formats/release until this was resolved? Not entirely sure but I think they were only available in the boxset in the UK, not separately (this old Out magazine article says as such) but they made the singles afterwards have separate CDs.

Vasilios likes this.
  11. Think Slipknot are also releasing on Sept 30 and they're favourites for #1 in albums.

12. Her last three albums didn't chart in the Top10 in the UK but it feels like there's a renowed interest in her music so I wouldn't rule out a Top10 placement this time around. #1 seems impossible though, especially because of streaming.

Rafa_el, Jóga and soratami like this.
  13. The way this is the true way I evaluate things at this point.

14. LTG

LTG

The vinyl came out on different weeks for Vulnicura and Utopia. With everything releasing the same week and all the variants, a top 10 definitely seems within possibility.

Verandi likes this.
  15. For Vulnicura, they released the album digitally months before the physicals - I think because it leaked?

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  16. Yeah, it was meant to come out in March(?) 2015 but leaked in January, and Björk even made a whole post about releasing it early digitally if I remember right

alwaysdarkinlunapark likes this.
  17. I’m usually more of a fan of Björk’s “prettier” moments (Vespertine is my favourite album of hers), and there have been plenty of moments of great beauty across the last two albums. ‘Stonemilker’ of course is the prime example, but there are so many more (‘The Gate’ is stunning, for the record).

‘Atopos’ is quite far removed from being a “beautiful” sound, with all the dissonance and hammering beats… but something keeps drawing me back to it.

18. Atopos is my favorite single she’s put out in ages. Give me that album of spooky carnival bangers, mjöther. I’m obsessed.

Jonathan27, myblood, Crisp X and 14 others like this.
  19. Same. It has insane replay value for me for some reason. As gorgeous as Stonemilker / The Gate were, they were also… an overwhelming listening experience. Atopos on the other hand, despite being also heavy-sounding, there’s a lightheartedness to it that I really enjoy.

20. So this was possibly the first full Bjork song I've ever listened to (and if not, then definitely my first video+song combo) and it was definitely an experience. I'm not sure it was the most optimal entry point but I just couldn't help myself with the memes and the kikiing in here. Might dive in more eventually.

Euphoria likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.