Björk - Fossora | Page 44 | The Popjustice Forum

Björk - Fossora

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Glitterizer, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Yeah, I'm loving this. Spirit-wise, it feels cut from the same cloth as the slightly unhinged energy of Fiona Apple's more recent output. I doubt that will reflect through the entire album, but it's very much welcomed here.

2. Well she did describe "Atopos" as the passport to the album itself, so I imagine we don't need to worry about it being a one-off.

3. Double post, but this song has completely taken over my life. She has a skill in these latter years of taking melodies that make absolutely no obvious sense and worming them into your head in unexpected ways. Hope is a MUSCLE that allows us TOOOO connect refuses to leave me, though if you asked me to sing the rest of the song from memory I wouldn’t even know where to begin. Not to mention the video is addictive as hell. She looks incredible, serving goofy gorgeous face and dancing I can’t help but smile watching. Truly no one else could be doing it like her.

myblood, Rafa_el, Kuhleezi and 12 others like this.
  4. I love that she is giving “beauty” make-up this era, while still avant-garde and very exaggerated. Especially the eyes and lashes.

5. I was about to say that she looks way younger than in the Biophilia videos (which I was watching this morning). Her yassified era.

myblood, Crisp X, Cutlery and 5 others like this.
  6. And even that made sense for the sort of ancient Earth mother vibe she was going for at the time. Her mind.

Verandi likes this.
  7. She probably watched Glow Up during quarantine ddd

8. Hope is a ding-dong that allows us to connect etc.

myblood, sesita, fancygreen and 12 others like this.
  9. This new campaign has made me become obsessed with her all over again. Going through Björk phases every now and then is so satisfying.

10. I adore her so much. I'm so happy to be alive when she is, y'know?

myblood, Txetxu, Kuhleezi and 9 others like this.
  11. She actually watched Unhhhh!

Kuhleezi, LPT, huntypoo and 4 others like this.
  12. I think my heart would literally fall outta my buss if she were saying such kind things about me.

Glitterizer likes this.
  13. LGStan93 and Glitterizer like this.
  14. I just listened to it. I think this is the best so far. She is so intuitively smart! I love her

ArronJustMight and P'NutButter like this.
  15. The way Atopos is hypothetically peak esoteric inaccessible Björk but totally unexpectedly hits because of how fun it is. There's such a pleasure in its playfulness - the goofy, jaunty quality of the woodwinds that totally clashes with the heaviness of the beat and produces such a delightful result. There's a certain quality to it that feels like its been absent from her work for a while that I can't quite put my finger on.

myblood, sesita, brauliocruz and 18 others like this.
  16. Every artist who is around a bit longer should be obliged to do a MC30 like discography clean up and a Sonic Symbolism like podcast series about their work.

myblood, huntypoo, Rafa_el and 6 others like this.
  17. I’m enjoying the podcast but I wish it was a bit of a Track-by-Track thing too, including b-sides from the era.

18. Vespertine is such a masterpiece. She doesn’t reveal much (if anything) new in the podcast, but it’s such a joy to hear her talk about it. I love how she can’t really talk about it without comparing it to Homogenic as well.

I could happily listen to nothing but those two albums.

19. Are there any good Bjork podcasts that do this?

20. Why are there so many one-star ratings for this on Discogs, did B piss off some folks recently?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.