Björk - Fossora | Page 45 | The Popjustice Forum

Björk - Fossora

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Glitterizer, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Probably people that only remember her from the 90s stumbling upon the new release.

nikkysan likes this.
  2. This song is a grower. I certainly enjoy it more now than I did on first listen.

3. So interesting hearing how having her first laptop influenced the intimacy and delicate world of Vespertine.

Also, this quote is everything:
    “I still meet journalists today that always have this ‘oh, if it’s done with a computer, it doesn’t have a soul’ argument. But it’s not about the tool. You cannot rely on a guitar to put a soul on a song, or a violin, or a laptop. If there’s no soul in it, it’s because the human didn’t put it there.”

myblood, sesita, Hyrulian and 23 others like this.
  4. Yeah, absolutely!! Out of nowhere this line dominates my mind several times a day.

H
    O
    P
    E
    IS...

A MUS-CLE

5. I still think this is the go-to if you want her take on her albums from Debut-Vespertine:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    myblood, Isobel, neinzedd and 4 others like this.
  6. You can rate songs on Discogs?

7. This sounds really good. Who doesn’t like Afrobeats? And Bjork doing reggaeton is great no? Atopos is for sure influenced by these.

HorseTears likes this.
  8. If somebody lists the FLAC or MP3 file.

beautifulmorning likes this.
  9. Here for her Gasœlinå

myblood, sesita, Mr Blonde and 12 others like this.
  10. Poor the person who looked at me sideways when I tweeted she was giving reggaeton

11. The single grew on me like fungus and I have to play it lots of times per day to get my fix. There is so much Björk DNA and it’s more complex than it seems. I love it.

Rafa_el, LPT, HorseTears and 2 others like this.
  12. It is so annoyingly and quintessentially Björk that I can't seem to find a digital pre-order for this on any of the services I typically use to buy music, not even Bandcamp, but there are already like 47 physical versions available to pre-order ff

13. When she's including the lyrics in the videos this era because the álbjüm bjööklét will exclusively use the mushroom font.

[​IMG]

myblood, sesita, YRSHKD and 18 others like this.
  14. The combination of anticipating the new album and the podcast made me go on such a Björk binge recently. It’s a deep dive so rewarding. People can hate her easily but her investment into her music is mostly unparalleled.

When you listen to Vespertine with good headphones and imagine her sitting there constructing all of this. And while obviously not everything is for everyone her ambition is never at doubt. It’s such a brillant time to be a fan with her really looking back - podcast, orchestral - and looking forward and pushing herself again - Cornucopia, Fosssora.

Also remembered how absurdly good Generous Palmstroke and Verandi are.

15. J Björkvin
    Anittatopos
    Bad Bjūnnÿ
    Røsælia
    Marrlûmar
    Bjöcky G

soratami likes this.

16. This account is usually pretty accurate. "Ovule" sounds insane.

Rafa_el, bonnieetclyde and Euphoria like this.
  17. Found the transcribed lyrics:

I have placed a glass egg

above us floating

an oval ovule

in a dark blood red void

carries our digital selves

embracing kissing

my skin-mud dense by you

I anchor our darks

sleep with one eye open

watching our sub-selves

the keel of our ship

these obstacles are just teaching us

so we can merge even deeper

into our own personal mineral

fuse alloy, ship ahoy

the hostility a broken heart endures

the velocity of that injury

is returned to the world

with the same grin showing teeth

when I was a girl I felt love was a building

I marched towards

but deadly demonic divorces demolished the idea

l

now with your romantic intelligence,

sensual tenderness

we dissolve old habits

and place a glass egg above us floating

in the dark blood red oval void

our lovemaking avatars

in a shell

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    Remyky22, LGStan93 and Applause like this.

18. More digital avatars, more divorce references, more mutual balance / harmony lyrics. Mom I love you but can you come up with something else?

YRSHKD, Andrew, HorseTears and 5 others like this.
  19. Reminds me of what my straight brother said about her lyrics. "I love that she makes no sense, but like, it makes sense. You know?"

Glitterizer likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.