Björk - Fossora | Page 51 | The Popjustice Forum

Björk - Fossora

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Glitterizer, Oct 24, 2021.

1. I’m with you on all this as a sentiment. Some of her most difficult moments are among my very favourite, and ultimately I want her to keep pushing the boundaries she’s so good at pushing. I’m just not feeling these new tracks as much as some previous ones - but also they have things to them I like more than certain other recent tracks too. Because she makes difficult art, I think part of appreciation and criticism (in the true meaning of the word) will lead to elements appealing more to some people, or just outright working better for some people. And that’s so important. Her albums are like walking through a multimedia contemporary art exhibition - you’ll leave going “ x or y pieces really struck me”, but knowing there’s parts that either didn’t resonate or you want to give more time.

And on a basic level I also just love her voice and would love to hear it used differently.

He, Rafa_el, man.tis.shrimp and 4 others like this.
  2. She’s on the cover and interviewed in Uncut. This page has some excerpts.

myblood, Crisp X, Fuchsia and 7 others like this.
  3. That sounds really interesting, she's so evocative when describing music.

And I hate that my first thought whenever seeing that photo on the cover is "Chromatica" fff

4. New photo from an earlier photoshoot:

[​IMG]

And a full HQ of that previous serve:

[​IMG]

myblood, Crisp X, Cutlery and 10 others like this.
  5. A decent quick run through of everything up until now

6. Giggling at him using the fanmade Virus music video.

Rafa_el and bonnieetclyde like this.
  7. Ovule is fine but it feels so… done. I mean everything feels very much connected in her last 4 works, but it’s another fashion video in a Gucci dress, with another avatar Bjork.

Pretty but boring?

8. Honestly both visually and musically I think she is really repeating herself a lot. I still have many hopes for the album.

9. Volta? I barely know her.

Glitterizer likes this.
  10. #JustiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiceForVolta

11. after more listens, i'm getting warmed up with ovule, hopefully. still feeling the repetitiveness - but on the other hand, she can and will do whatever she does and i sincerely appreciate her hard work i guess.

12. Yeah, Ovule's a grower. It just isn't what I was expecting after Atopos. But it is making more sense to me the more I listen.

bonnieetclyde and YRSHKD like this.
  13. There is some Wanderlust DNA in the instrumental of Ovule. I think it is quite nice.

myblood, Rafa_el, Isobel and 4 others like this.
  14. I wonder if we will get any cool remixes of these songs? I feel like a remix album could follow at some point.

15. This is amazing.
    The songs deserve. Plus the few ones that explode at the end should also be extended at some point. Since Trölla-Gabba is just an instrumental interlude it would be perfect for it. Plus the absolute hurricane that is breaking loose at the end of Fossora should go on at least another two minutes.

Freefall is one of her best compositions ever. It is very classical.

Isobel, Euphoria, Andy French and 5 others like this.
  16. The Dull Flame Of Desire is hittin' me hard after Ovule. I also remind of The Modern Things (Telegram Remix) ALL the time. Gosh, I love her music too much. Always a trip.

man.tis.shrimp likes this.
  17. Bish Bosch as a point of a reference is exciting to me!

I found a vinyl of Gabber Modus Operandi's HOXXXYA and it's been an intriguing listen, too.

Karvel, Rafa_el, Isobel and 1 other person like this.
  18. I just keep listening to this and can imagine it acapella with just a light piano running underneath. Those lyrics are so deep while the music isn't doing much?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.