Björk - Fossora | Page 58 | The Popjustice Forum

Björk - Fossora

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Glitterizer, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Another winner! This one is the densest and most chaotic yet to my ears–though that title repetition is almost a chorus in itself. “Ovule” is still my favorite so far, but I reserve the right to change that with time.

wodny likes this.
  2. Ayye issa slapper

3. In some regions Fossora still has vocals from the other GMO member:

Omar Souleyman outsold

4. THIS needs a video! Can you imagine that glorious insanity?!

5. FOOOOOOO
    SSOOOOOOOORRRRA

*brass*

[​IMG]

Someone already said it, but the outro is indeed giving "Pluto"!

Stuart, Maki, enjoy and 5 others like this.
  6. I thought of Pluto too.

Hold up - is this the first ever Bjork album where she sings the album title in a song?

soratami and clowezra like this.
  7. Poor, forgettable Utopia.

This may be the first time people are still awake to hear her do it though.

wodny, YRSHKD, Verandi and 9 others like this.
  8. The title track is so avant-garde.

That instrumental is straight out of Stravinsky. The verses are a little… Biophilia-esque (with better production) but that chorus is really striking.

Euphoria likes this.
  9. Oh I love it! And most of all it sound so HAPPY!

I think this is my favourite. I’m really keen to hear the full album; I hate instant grat tracks and can’t wait to hear this as a whole.

bonnieetclyde and Coolrockgirl like this.
  10. Fav of the bunch so far!!! These beats remind me of that gabber snippet in Annie’s “Back Together” video.

Assassin likes this.
  11. Yeah I decided to wait to hear the rest after Ovule dropped. I have a feeling it'll surprise me

LGStan93 likes this.

12. ffffff get his annoying ass!

Maki, huntypoo, YRSHKD and 12 others like this.
  13. I love the version with the guy screaming all over it dddd.

elear likes this.
  14. Issa bop

15. The version on US Apple Music has the other vocals, too. It is so good. I guess this is the penultimate Pluto, Declare Independence moment in the tracklist.

bonnieetclyde and LGStan93 like this.
  16. This is very interesting (4th image). Fossora already feels more varied even with the clarinets, so I think for the next album we are in for a truly eclectic affair for the first time since Post. Exciting!

In the second pic she also says Medúlla and Fossora are sister albums in a way.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    Maki, lob0to, Rafa_el and 6 others like this.
  17. I almost started hearing “Alarm Call” during at one point during it.

Next album or this coming one?

18. Next one! Fossora is already more eclectic than everything since Medúlla, but still has the clarinets tying it together (and she says it wasn’t even going to have that if it wasn’t for the pandemic). So if she’s truly over this method/process, and there’s nothing holding her back, the next one could be truly diverse.

Speaking of diversity, the future and this more self-referential era, next year would be a perfect time for a Vol. 2 of Greatest Hits + Family Tree, it has been too long (and she also said in a new interview for Chile that she is a bit tired and doesn’t plan to tour Fossora for now).

Maki, Rafa_el, huntypoo and 4 others like this.
  19. I said in the past that her having a gimmick for an album (only using certain instruments) hurt some songs. I’m glad she’s giving songs exactly what they need and deserve.

20. Oh oops. Ha. Why did I think Utopia was just an instrumental?

YRSHKD likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.