Björk - Fossora | Page 65 | The Popjustice Forum

Björk - Fossora

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Glitterizer, Oct 24, 2021.

1. I tried to pick up the record at a few record shops in Seattle but neither of them had it so I am saving my first full listen later.

On another note, this morning while the students were coming in, I played "Atopos" and the few students that I had were drumming along to the song on their desks and dancing! It totally made my day.

Crisp X, askew, Isobel and 5 others like this.
  2. The doctors she despised
    Placed a pacemaker inside her

LPT, Jacques, Jonathan27 and 17 others like this.
  3. I’m completely blown away by the album at the moment. I’d need to give it time before I can attempt to review it, rank it against her other works, or even pick out highlights.

Production-wise I think it’s one of her best though, alongside Homogenic and Vespertine.

4. I love that the reviews here are basically 'this is much more enjoyable that those other albums that sounded like a bunch of different size bricks hitting metal roofs and then slipping into a muddy pond, werqq!!.

LPT, Jacques, YRSHKD and 9 others like this.
  5. I got the burgundy variant and it's so beautiful to look at.
    The sound of the album makes me feel like I'm listening to the soundtrack of a Fantasia film that never happened; a segment about the life cycle of fungus - beautiful neon colours, fairies playing among the flora, all the fungi dancing to the sound of the clarinets.

Maki and Disobedience like this.
  6. [​IMG]

LPT, vesperteen, LTG and 19 others like this.
  7. We live on a mountain
    Right at the top
    This beautiful view
    From the top of the mountain
    Every morning I walk towards the edge
    And throw little things off
    Or whatever I find lying around

8. [​IMG]

9. Sorrowful Soil and Ancestress is a one two punch nobody prepared me for.
    Vulnicura and Utopia were nothing like that. At all. People may didn't like them but not because they sounded so weird.

Maki, Disobedience and Andy French like this.
  10. Thank you for staying while we learn...
    To find our resonance
    where we DOOOO

connect.

I'm strugling to connect, tho. I'm devastated. I really wanted to like it all. Maybe soon.

11. I've already played it more times than Utopia in the past 5 years dddd It's great stuff!

12. So “Allow” is really horny right. Panting and singing about moisture and eruptions and salty, crusty hair.

Jóga, digitalkaiser, Ferk and 6 others like this.
  13. Nn I thought the same too but it's apparently a song about her relationship with Arca and their trip to the caribbean... Unless!

LPT, digitalkaiser, Atletico and 4 others like this.
  14. I can't decide if I like the Serpentwithfeet feature on Fungal City. I think I do? His vocal melody on the chorus is a bit overpowering, so I think "Would this maybe have been better without the feature?"... But then again, I enjoy the soulfulness and depth his voice adds to the track.

15. Björca slash fiction incoming.

Pink_Punk and Glitterizer like this.
  16. The more dynamic moments on the album kind of make me want to get high on royal jelly with my girl Smurfette right under a cute mushroom's umbrella and jump Gargamel. Even the interludes slap! I'm so happy.

[​IMG]

17. yeah they did it

Ferk and Glitterizer like this.
  18. I have unironically considered this theory more than once ever since Utopia.

Frosti, Paradisia, Mycelia and Trölla-Gabba are all highlights in their albums. Öll Birtan and Miðvikudags are not invited.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    Maki likes this.

19. Wow the inside part is much prettier on the CD!

BootedGay71, Daniel L and Euphoria like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.