Björk - General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum

Björk - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ADolla, Mar 12, 2009.

1. I tried searching for one, and I either didn't get far enough or I completely missed it but I couldn't find one.

I know there are loads of Bjork fans here, so I thought I'd get a discussion going.

Top 5 Bjork songs (I know, hard!) to break the ice?

2. Re: General Bjork discussion

1. Play Dead
    2. All Is Full Of Love
    3. I've Seen it All
    4. New World
    5. Hidden Place

3. Re: General Bjork discussion

1. Hyperballad
    2. Bachelorette
    3. Joga
    4. Pagan Poetry
    5. Dull Flame Of Desire

As much as I love her, I have to say her recent efforts have been a touch disappointing.

4. Re: General Bjork discussion

As a complete Björk l00n I can safely say that I find it impossible to choose my 5 favourite B songs.

I shall, however, try:

1. Joga
    2. Unison
    3. 5 Years
    4. Unravel
    5. Who Is It

5. Re: General Björk discussion

Mine in order, are

1. It's Not Up To You
    2. All Is Full Of Love
    3. Play Dead
    4. Mouth's Cradle
    5. Oceania

6. Re: General Björk discussion

difficult...

1. Joga
    2. Bachelorette
    3. Hyperballad
    4. Pagan Poetry
    5. Army of Me

7. Re: General Björk discussion

This is boring. Let's talk.

8. Re: General Björk discussion

I must admit, while I love Dull Flame of Desire, Volta is not for me. I wouldn't go to that album at all if I was in a Bjork mood, I'd go to Post, Homogenic or Vespertine.

1. Hyperballad
    2. Joga
    3. Unravel
    4. Unison
    5. It's In Our Hands

9. Re: General Björk discussion

Go on then. Say something interesting.

10. Re: General Björk discussion

I am very excited about the up and coming release of Voltaic.

I was previously mistaken in thinking that it didn't include a DVD BUT IT DOES.

Very exciting (for losers like me, anyway).

11. Re: General Björk discussion

Massive loser. "jowke jowke i make a jowke"

Cannae wait to see Volta Live; I admit I did enjoy seeing old Bjork songs re-invented in the Volta style, espesh Joga wit horns.

12. Re: General Björk discussion

That Voltaic release doesn't have any new tracks does it? We seriously need some new stuff. Weren't there 4 other Timbaland tracks?

13. Re: General Björk discussion

I believe one it's a four-disc affair, two CDs and two DVDs. One is a Live at Olympics Studio CD, the other is a set of mixes of "Volta" songs. Regardless, I'm excited.

http://pitchfork.com/news/34596-bjork-to-issue-ivoltai-related-box-set/

14. Re: General Björk discussion

The DVD has a much better setlist then the CD in my opinion, but you can rip audio from DVDs cant you? I want it for my iPod.

15. Re: General Björk discussion

The prospects of a Bjork live CD makes me very VERY excited. Her tour was amaaaaazing.

1. Joga
    2. Hyperballad
    3. Bachelorette
    4. Innocence
    5. Big Time Sensualtiy

MY GOD, what a good top 5.

16. Re: General Björk discussion

I'm not sure about the Timbaland tracks! Hadn't heard about them before... I did hear, though, that the original stuff they came up with didn't please B and she went back into the studio to redo them... No idea if that's true or not.

And I'd love a new album. What with Tori's coming out soon I feel like we should be getting a Björk one too. I don't know why.

You know what she's like though. One album every 2 or 3 years if you're lucky.

17. Re: General Björk discussion

It's not that she wasn't pleased with them. It's just that she's Björk and she likes dem beats all chopped up and chaotic.

18. Re: General Björk discussion

Oh roite!

Well I read that she didn't like them but that was probably just someone trying to stir up shit for a news article.

Or maybe I'm misremembering.

I wouldn't be surprised.

I only remember useless things like how lost, forgotten singles by obscure artists charted in Bulgaria.

19. Re: General Björk discussion

One of the things I did love about "Volta" was that as an album it took you on a journey. What with the outro of 'Earth Intruders' and the the whole of 'Wanderlust', it really accomplished an adventurous sort of theme. Where "Vespertine" was the it's-winter-so-let's-make-love-and-bake-cookies-in-our-cosy-little-cottage-on-a-glacier album, "Volta" was the I'm-bored-of-my-home-let's-get-a-brass-band-and-sail-on-a-boat-and-go-from-port-to-port.

Oh I love Björk albums more than I should probably.

20. Re: General Björk discussion

Oh, Björk! I always get nostalgic this time of year as my birthday is coming up and for my 16th I got my first Björk album (Post) and absolutely fell in love with her.

I can't lie, I was disappointed almost to the point of tears with Volta. I'd love for her to go back to her early-mid 90s "pop roots" with her next one, but I doubt it would ever happen.

My top five would have to be

Possibly Maybe
    The Modern Things
    Cocoon
    Earth Intruders
    Pleasure is all Mine

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.