Björk - General Discussion | Page 75 | The Popjustice Forum

Björk - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ADolla, Mar 12, 2009.

1. One of her very, very best. The added electronics on the Volta tour elevate it even further.

Maki and AshtrayHeart like this.
  2. Agreed, I fell in love with the song when I watched the Volta Tour on Sky Arts, the electronic percussion during the chorus really slaps in the live mix and I live for it.

Maki likes this.
  3. Wanderlust is great on record but (even tho I haven't been there in person) live it sounds divine

4. This has probably been asked several times already. Forgive me.

I am going to Iceland for a few weeks. I am taking this moment to finally dive into her discography. That atmosphere should make it a thrilling experience. I already heard Homogenic before as it was in a rate. But all the other albums are entirely new to me. Which order would be preferred then for a newbie like me?

Maki likes this.
  5. If you already listen Homogenic and like it, the order is probably :
    Post - Vespertine - Debut - Vulnicura - Medulla - Utopia - Biophilia - Volta

Post and Vespertine to me are very close to Homogenic in terms of sounds and time release.
    Debut is accessible enough after that.
    Vulnicura and Medulla have soft earthy soundscape that Homogenic has, but less accessible.
    Utopia is similiar to Vulnicura with prominent flutes and longer tracklist.
    Biophilia and Volta are crazier and more manic than what Bjork usually do.

Glitterizer and Maki like this.
  6. Roll around on a black sandy beach to Notget. Boom.

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  7. LTG

LTG

Pussy pop to Cvalda

rdp, Fuchsia, fancygreen and 9 others like this.
  8. Thankyou! I know from Volta Earth Intruders. Honestly a massive bop!

I take it Notget and Cvalda are song titles ddd. I am ready to roll around and pussy pop to these when I get back.

9. Tik Toking to Triumph of a heart.

BeingNormal, JMRGBY and dodoriazarbon like this.
  10. Falling asleep to Vulnicura.

BeingNormal, JMRGBY and Maki like this.
  11. Vulnicura kind of loses the plot for tracks 7 and 8, but the first 6 work perfectly, and 9 is a great closer.

Fuchsia, Cutlery and Hunterpoop like this.
  12. Vulnicura is not flawless, but it is a return to me thinking of Björk albums as masterpieces. Utopia continued this.

13. Vulnicura is my favorite out of her three last albums. Biophilia had too much empty space (even though it's grown a lot on me since release) and Utopia is a bit all over the place to my ears and I still can't get over the looping melodies

14. Well someone's never taken amyl to Family and gotten a cock inserted

Cutlery and Hunterpoop like this.
  15. I *much* prefer the Haxan Cloak mix of Mouth Mantra. It should have been the album version. Atom Dance can fuck off though. I think Body Memory works better in its place. But I agree. The album is as close to a masterpiece as she’s reached, and is up there with Vespertine and Homogenic as her holy trinity.

16. I love "Atom Dance" ddddd

Maki likes this.
  17. Homogenic and Vespertine have literal nature sounds from Iceland in the mix so those two are probably the closest ones to the Iceland "feel". Their B-sides are also better than anything released post-Volta oop. Post is the poppiest overall.

mcuk, nikkysan, Sprockrooster and 2 others like this.
  18. Homogenic is music perfection.

Cannot fault the album.

Maki likes this.
  19. Are there certain b-sides you recommend. Hopefully they are on spotify.

Maki and Verandi like this.
  20. Well...

*cough*

but also

There are a lot of b-sides for the first four albums. Those four above are the first faves that come to mind from Homogenic and Vespertine, but there are many B-bops from Post too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.