Björk - General Discussion | Page 78 | The Popjustice Forum

Björk - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ADolla, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Has anyone infos about her tour dates regarding the actual covid situation? Will we get refunds, will the dates be pushed back?

3. girl...

4. I laughed so hard when I read that.

LPT likes this.
  5. Things like this are very subjective. For my ears, Biophilia and Volta would have taken the lowest positions.

The top four felt pretty on-point as a summary of her best work, although I would have put them in a slightly different order.

Humanracin and kermit_the_frog like this.

6. We have decided to stan forever. <3

LTG, Push, ManilaChinchilla and 12 others like this.
  7. It’s hard for me to place her albums in order, I have a clear top 5 but they switch around depending on my mood.
    I do think Homogenic is her masterpiece though.
    I always thought Biophilia was my least favourite but I played it the other day and loved it.
    Björk has made zero bad albums, fact.

8. Medúlla? Her worst?
    [​IMG]

9. I’m revisiting the Surrounded boxset this week and as always it’s pure bliss.

Humanracin and man.tis.shrimp like this.
  10. Homegenic is her best for me, followed by Post.
    Least favourite: Utopia (not a fan of flutes), Biophilia and Medulla.

11. Homogenic
    Debut
    Vulnicura
    -
    Medulla
    Volta
    -
    Utopia
    Biophilia

For me. But I mean... there is no bad Bjork album. Volta is probably less 'worthy' than the two I listed below it, but personal enjoyment comes first.

Verandi and No hay banda like this.
  12. Me trying to remember the name of the Jazz album she did before Debut

Jacques, thefaceofyou, LTG and 3 others like this.
  13. Homogenic / Vespertine
    Utopia
    Medùlla
    Selmasongs
    Debut
    Biophilia

Volta
    Drawing Restraint 9 (it does have some cool ideas, but it's a soundtrack so... I am not sure if I would even include it in her albums, same with Selmasongs)

Cutlery likes this.
  14. If we're doing this...

1. Homogenic (10)
    2. Medulla (10)
    3. Post (10)
    4. Vespertine (9.5)
    5. Vulnicura (9)
    6. Biophilia (8.5)
    7. Debut (8)
    8. Utopia (7.5)
    9. Volta (7)

These rankings are only determined by the pitchforky scores I gave to show how close they really are. All of these albums are different degrees of good because they're so carefully crafted and conceptually solid (even Volta, which is the weakest on the latter front, has a common thread running through it).

Cutlery likes this.
  15. For me I'd rank the works as

Homogenic
    Vespertine
    Vulnicura
    Utopia
    Volta
    Debut
    Biophilia

but the Utopia-Debut stretch switches places often

16. I know Drawing Restraint 9 is more mood piece than album, but I do fuck with "Gratitude" quite a bit.

Glitterizer likes this.
  17. My absolute favorite has to be Vespertine, B-Sides included.

Next would be Medúlla, which may have one or two clunky moments but is her best attempt at being experimental and innovative while also being highly catchy and easy to get into (it’s also her best album cover / photoshoot).

Then right afterwards would come a tie between the “untouchable classics” duo, Homogenic and Post (astronomical highs but for some reason not very exciting as album concepts / experiences for me), and the divisive duo, Biophilia and then Volta, the latter being her most underrated album, in my opinion.

I find the first part of Vulnicura to be asolutely great, but the last 3 songs don’t do much at all for me, which really drags it down as an album. Debut is a very cute, well dressed girl. Utopia is the first album where I just don’t have the patience for a lot of it. The concept of an album full of birdsong, woodwind and electronics sounded way more beautiful on paper than it ended up materializing, unfortunately.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    LPT, Future Lover and man.tis.shrimp like this.
  18. Aw, I like Gling-Glo. It’s a significant outlier in her discography, but...Björk doing jazz standards in Icelandic? I stan the layers alone

fancygreen, Burzum and Karvel like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.