BLACK JACKS - Popjustice Forum's Very Own Group | The Popjustice Forum

BLACK JACKS - Popjustice Forum's Very Own Group

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Voicething, May 21, 2013.

1. With Girls Aloud out with a bang and MKS taking several eons to release, a new group is hot on their heels and it stems from within the very depths of this forum itself! Welcome, Black Jacks! Boyband of the century!

We're putting our spin on all the biggest and best pop hits and have already been hailed 'Popjusturdays'. We might even throw out an original song at one point.

I've had to go ahead from a mod to put this thread here, as it is pop music! So sit back, enjoy and let us know what you think! We'd love suggestions and thoughts.

https://soundcloud.com/carsonofficial/gentleman-cover

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  2. What the fuck is this?

3. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I want to form a rival group but I can't decide between 'The Giant New Refreshers' or 'The Maoam Stripes'.

4. Yay! Rooting for you, guys!

I wonder which one of the monikers is Keifer, haha.

5. Jeffree Star could never.

6. Good song choice.

The nicknames though...

7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I feel the 'girl' should have been replaced with 'boy' in the lyrics.
    Unless the rap part takes a 'I am a Ryan Gosling' spin.

8. You guys sound great in that snippet! My suggestion would be covering a male song, not necessarily a boy band track... or maybe doing some Sugababes-like harmonies. That would be awesome!

9. Please identify who dared attempt taking on Mollie's line in the Gentleman chorus and be quick about it, I've got a... professional of sorts holding on the line.

10. I'll give you a clue... It wasn't me. There!

And Breakfast2, its just a bit of fun. Forum users collaborating in their love for pop!

11. Luigi's just jealous.

12. The new Billiam!

13. Good luck, boys. Great name.

14. Symphony

Symphony Guest

Ha! I loved that. The only thing is the "Ohh...I hope you know" part was a bit out of the lead singers range but besides that I liked it.

15. That would be me! Haha. I thought I did pretty decently imitating Molls.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  16. [​IMG]

17. Good name for a pop group.

18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I like the additional production to not make the song a one on one copy of the original, although I'd like to see some less obvious/current cover versions (or original) to get out of the 'budget hit compilation by session singers' territory.

19. Definitely sounds like a bunch of gays got together for a bit of a sing song! Fair play though.

20. Christ on a bike...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.