BLACKPINK

The single did pretty shit in the UK.
If Ice Cream being almost 100% english and having a big western name attached to it debuted at like #75 on Spotify, I really can't see their korean songs doing any better. I feel like they'll need a proper UK press tour to get more people on board - or of course, an undeniable hit.

I just realized all the 빛이 / bichi (light in Korean) in Pretty Savage are just bilingual wordplay and a clever excuse for Rose and Jennie to pronounce it like 'bitch' on Korean television and get away with it dd. Same with Jennie's Solo - 빛이 나는 solo / bichi naneun solo (I'm shining solo) for Music Bank and the likes, "bitch now I'm solo" for live performances (and Coachella).

aux

he/him

We need a gif of Jennie with the gun please @BEST FICTION @aux

@BEST FICTION when he sees I beat him to it.

hJXsfgy.gif

Ice Cream has more show wins than both Kill This Love and Playing With Fire and as many as As if it’s Your Last and Whistle...
But me, not understanding how Korean single charts operate, is surprised hearing this because it looks to be one of their lowest charting singles to date, no?

eccentricsimply

Staff member
they/them
But me, not understanding how Korean single charts operate, is surprised hearing this because it looks to be one of their lowest charting singles to date, no?
Music show wins depend on things other than charts. It might've not charted too high but it's still charting, so they get digitals from that. Then there's also the fact that they can easily have a win so long as no one else competing with them have the same digitals, votes, etc etc etc. It also depends on the music show. Some of them count more broadcast points, other more album points, other digitals.