BLACKPINK

When I played it this morning before work it sounded strange. But after the second listen I was hooked and played it on repeat while I was driving to work. The chorus is amazing and the second Lisa/Jennie rap part is just perfect.

This is Lisas and Jennie's song and visuals. Jisoo and Rose are in the back. Hoping those two will be the lead on the main/album single.

People said they wanted something different and they delivered. I remember when HYLT was released everyone was oh same old same old.

And is this the first time that Blackpink single doesn't have “Blackpink in your area”?

The song is average. They really need to change the formula. Hopefully, this will be the Ice Cream of this era.

Jisoo is SO underused.

he/they
Not a bad song but it's kinda let down in BP standards. The video is nice - although cuts are a little much some moments.

I still don't think it's a different release compared to previous ones. They kinda sing the same song with different instruments and production.

Would have liked them to really switch it up but I under$$$tand why they don't. Parts of the song are enjoyable, other parts just sound like noise, so very on brand for BP.

They look great in the video, but it doesn't look like the most expensive video YG have ever done, it all just looks like a copy and paste from the 2NE1 era.

Not a bad song but it's kinda let down in BP standards. The video is nice - although cuts are a little much some moments.

I still don't think it's a different release compared to previous ones. They kinda sing the same song with different instruments and production.

I agree: there is too much quick cuts in the video. I wish we got a close-up of Jisoo playing the instrument in her cage during the intro. I could have done without Rosé playing the guitar (again), though. She's no E-Young...

They really need to change the lines distributions and unpair the usual duos (Jisoo-Rosé & Jennie-Lisa). It's too predictable.

Other than that, it's a basic bop. I just expect better from them.

I mean, it’s catchy and the girls definitely sell it but the formula is so stale at this point and I feel like they deserve more. Like, we even have Lisa rapping about Rambo again dd

What I don't get is it didn't used to be like this. Their first 5 title tracks (Boombayah, Whistle, Stay, Playing With Fire, As If) were all different. Also they are like the only group who still hasn't bothered to release original tracks for the Japanese market despite being huge over there (even 2NE1 did I believe).

What I don't get is it didn't used to be like this. Their first 5 title tracks (Boombayah, Whistle, Stay, Playing With Fire, As If) were all different. Also they are like the only group who still hasn't bothered to release original tracks for the Japanese market despite being huge over there (even 2NE1 did I believe).
I guess the massive success of DDU-DU DDU-DU changed their approach, as it’s a winning formula.

This is a let down for me. I was not feeling the song at all but it does pick up during the chorus and outro (that’s also where their choreography, looks and staging really goes off) but… it’s still far from their best and doesn’t really feel like this “big annual Blackpink single”.