BLACKPINK | Page 227 | The Popjustice Forum

BLACKPINK

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by 3Xs, Aug 13, 2016.

1. I’ve been hammering Born Pink all week and I gotta say that it is really enjoyable.

Pink Venom and Shut Down has grown on me so much I find myself humming it at times - stone cold bops. Yeah Yeah Yeah is a cute bop. Hard to Love sounds refreshing and leaves me wanting for an OT4 version.

Happiest Girl really displayed their vocals well and made me emotional. I would have found a song like Tally crude and unlistenable but somehow they made it likable, and finally Ready for Love also sounds good in the context of the album and the bareness somehow works. I’m sure Typa Girl will creep up soon.

2. This album is weird for me, like I really can't say Its one of my favourite albums and I honestly don't think its a strong collection of songs, but I've also had it on non stop.

Its an easy listen I guess...

Pink Venom is a strong lead single and I do enjoy Shutdown too. I'm enjoying Hard to Love, Tally, and Yeah Yeah Yeah. Typa Girl is a cute moment but nothing special, and Happiness is just a no for me, I always skip it. It's a nice ballad but the girls just don't give any emotion and sing it in such a 'pretty' way, Its hard to explain but its not flat for me. Ready to Love is awful.

Overall its a cheap basic project In my opinon, but there is something captivating about Blackpink that makes me want more from them. I'm not going to the tour and I'm honestly a bit sad about it, but I seen them once and again I thought the show was cheap in production and although the girls are talented the prices for London are just too expensive.

soratami likes this.
  3. What is it with them doing barely any promo? I swear this happened last time as well.

Lately likes this.
  4. He

He

Exactly how I feel. The album is not fresh nor very good, but it’s an easy listen. Constant repeat for me too.

Toshi likes this.
  5. Why bust your ass when people who will buy it will buy it anyway?

GimmeWork, DoggySwami, He and 3 others like this.
  6. I would have thought they would have at least a few more promo spots in the US. Korean music shows don’t really matter for them at this point I mean.

GimmeWork and Lately like this.
  7. Caved in and got the 4 covers.

[​IMG]

8. They didn't do Jimmy Fallon which is a show they always did in the past, not even Good Morning America...

9. That’s what I mean. I get they don’t need it because people will buy their music regardless but you’d think for a group like them that’s that big they would be everywhere but I guess that’s just YG for you.

Lately likes this.
  10. The way they treated the album release like an afterthought after Pink Venom. Less than bare minimum promo, formulaic social media content, zero posts related to the TWO #1's on the US and UK charts. It's upsetting.

GimmeWork likes this.
  11. He

He

I get not much promo is not great for the fans as there’s less content, but why is it such a big deal that they didn’t mention their number 1s? It’s so whatever, most of their sales are not even in those territories.

They should’ve prerecorded some special performances though, or dance practices.

12. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Why is it so hard for y’all to admit you like their music JAHSHDJDJDDJDJDJDJ! It’s ok to enjoy basic bops, girlies!! Not every song/album needs to revolutionize the music industry or whatever!!

13. He

He

I think I like the girls more if that makes sense? They elevate the songs.

Definitely not expecting revolutionary songs, it’s just they hadn’t been this basic before.

It’s fine either way. Stans can stan and casuals can keep it on repeat, YG and the girls keep winning!

14. Slice of Life

I just think it’s probably so exhausting to go through so many mental hoops to justify why you listen to a song. You like the songs that’s why you listen to them, why is that not enough of a reason? Why is that so hard to admit? I don’t get it.

15. He

He

Liking something while questioning its quality is perfectly common. Also, people are different?

Not posting here further, though.

16. Slice of Life

So you admit you like the songs? That’s literally all I was asking.……. No need to do all of that.

Anyway, I’m also done with this. Let’s just bop along to these basic bops!!

17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I mean, they said they like the songs but are also critical of their quality. I think it's fair to enjoy something while also being able to be vocally constructive. Two things can be true at once.

tea, GimmeWork, wodny and 6 others like this.
  18. Oh wow

tea, Serg., GimmeWork and 7 others like this.
  19. Another week in the Top 5 for Born Pink. Fans are truly doing the heavy lifting.

tea, Serg., wodny and 8 others like this.
  20. Now they need to double her lines.

Do we know how much girls earn from those deals with different brands?

ultraviolet likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.