BLACKPINK

Let me take some of that back, I watched a bit more and when they have microphones they hold, they sound so much better and sing a lot more, so I'm going to give them that maybe there where some sound issues.

Let me take some of that back, I watched a bit more and when they have microphones they hold, they sound so much better and sing a lot more, so I'm going to give them that maybe there where some sound issues.
Headsets just suck. The sound is all over the place and the breath is the loudest. When they are given handheld mics it all feels smoother.

I'm watching it again and Rose killed it with vocals, energy, stability with performing, giving sass in choreo... everything.
I would rank Rose >>>>>>>> Lisa > Jisoo/Jennie

I actually think Rose looks as uncomfortable as Jisoo with their black concept songs. Her face just emotes nothing and she seems to be going through the motions hoping it all ends soon. But she definitely shines when she gets to do less choreography.

images

I have a feeling it's the girls that wanted a setlist like this. Tally is the one they love the most from the album.
Sour Candy would have been amazing on this stage but …

he / him
But in all seriousness after watching Coachella the solo parts should have been left for tour and they should have done more group songs. It just brought the energy down (in my opinion).
After Weekend 2, I think that I agree with this take. As much as I love "YOU & ME," the midsection of solo performances does completely lower the energy. I get that "FLOWER" is JISOO's title track and "ALL EYES ON ME" is just her subtitle track, but I think that the latter would work better in a festival setting or a medley of the two, like what ROSÉ is doing. LISA is performing her subtitle track after all.

I also find it odd that they don't go straight into "BOOMBAYAH" after the dancers' interlude. The interlude builds such energy, only to be killed by the pause before the song actually starts.

Kick It and Tally make no sense on this stage, honestly.
"TALLY" has grown on me a lot, so maybe I'm biased, but I think that it's the perfect track to use as the "Meet The Band" track.

Last edited:
Tally is amazing and the message couldn’t be more perfect for them. I actually think they had way more energy on weekend 1 but both were great.

Not sure if anyone felt the same way but it seemed that there was a sombre mood among everyone following what happened with Moonbin this week. The whole industry must still be reeling from the shock.

Saw the girls last night in Mexico City, they were so charming, they all tried to speak a little Spanish with Jennie failing miserably at trying to say "See you tomorrow". I thought I noticed a lack of energy from Jennie but maybe they were having a tough time performing because of the altitude which has happened to many performers when they come here.

Overall it was an amazing show. The girls got to wear Mariachi hats and they looked so cute!!!!!!!!!

blackpink.jpg