Bleachers - Take the Sadness Out of Saturday Night (3rd Album) | The Popjustice Forum

Bleachers - Take the Sadness Out of Saturday Night (3rd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by B.A.D., Jun 29, 2019.

1. aux

aux

2. Don’t Take The Money is an 11/10. And there were a few more good songs on Gone Now. But their first album was less repetitive and more enjoyable as a whole.

An Insider, Edu, spaceship and 2 others like this.
  3. Give us another one of these, Jack:

varjak, Edu, nooniebao and 1 other person like this.
  4. Gone Now was patchy as hell but it grew on me over time. Always perched for anything Jack though.

spaceship likes this.
  5. Yeah the second album did not reach the highs of the first, but it was enjoyable.
    I’m perched

toby3000 and spaceship like this.
  6. He did an Instagram Live a couple of weeks ago and it was absolutely devastating. During the livestream, he played "91", from the upcoming album, co-written with Zadie Smith.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    nooniebao likes this.
  7. Zadie Smith the author?

toby3000 likes this.
  8. Yup. "It's a song I wrote with Zadie Smith, who I adore". He plays it around 14:15. Song is called "91", and has a chord progression very similar to the one on Taylor's 'New Year's Day'. He says the actual recording sounds completely different though, which makes me even more excited to hear it.

I think he knows Zadie through Lena (Dunham).

nooniebao likes this.
  9. His first album is brilliant. Rollercoaster, Wild Heart, I Wanna Get Better are some of my most played songs this year. Take Me Away has also grown on me a lot over time.

nooniebao and Andrew.L like this.
  10. Sam

Sam

I’m perched

11. Recent interview:

12. Sam

Sam

Any news on the album?

13. Two songs are out on November 20th according to a reliable ATRL insider. They’re titled “Chinatown (feat. Bruce Springsteen)” and “45.”

Verandi, Trinu 3.0, Andrew.L and 5 others like this.
  14. He got his Springsteen feature!!! New Jersey torch passing, you love to see it.

15. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Oh my god.

[​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.