Bleachers - Take the Sadness Out of Saturday Night (3rd Album) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Bleachers - Take the Sadness Out of Saturday Night (3rd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by B.A.D., Jun 29, 2019.

1. The album is co-produced with Patrik Berger, the co-writer/producer of Dancing On My Own. Just sayin’.

2. Bought tickets for their NYC show in Sept.

I could cry, first tickets I’ve bought since the panorama

3. Sam

Sam

Does this seem mixed quite quiet to anyone else?

drod93 likes this.
  4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Hmm it's not hit me as hard as some of his other bangers (Rollercoaster/Don't Take The Money mainly) but he's great in the video!!

Sam likes this.
  5. Chinatown is so bloody good, I'm happy the followup has exceeded my expectations.

Let's hope he manages to tour the UK again with this one next year, the first tour was superb.

toby3000 likes this.
  6. So this is her big pop girl album? Lemme stream the singles a tad.

lushLuck and sesita like this.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    VicePresidentJocasta likes this.
  8. Full interview. Jack is so endearingly weird haha

Song is a bop though. Stoked for the studio version

9. I'm so excited for this record. Every song so far has been fantastic. The Springsteen / E Street vibes are stronger than ever on these tracks, which is right up my alley. I can't wait to hear the rest.

nooniebao likes this.
  10. It's really quiet for me on Spotify. So odd.

11. The sound is extremely low for me as well.

12. Yeah, I noticed that straight away. I think it's a great line and love that the repetition of certain lyrics is a recurring theme in his work- you had the "wild heart" line appear on 3 of the 11 tracks on 'Strange Desire' (admittedly one is a reprise of the first), and then on 'Gone Now' there were a few different lines that reappear- "Don't Take The Money" and "I Miss Those Days" are both referenced in "Dream of Mickey Mantle", lines from "Dream of Mickey Mantle" are repeated in "Goodmorning", bits of "Goodmorning" are later repeated/referenced in both "Goodbye" and "Foreign Girls"- and that's even without the "I'm Ready To Move On/Mickey Mantle Reprise" . There's also the fact that that "I wanna be grateful" sample appearing on both albums. I'm sure there's more of these...

Anyway I think it makes for a really interesting listen, and one which I think really makes the individual albums seem such complete bodies of work within themselves, it makes the albums feel really cohesive. The fact that certain things are referenced on both albums as well makes them both feel part of the same whole. If that makes sense. It's almost literary, the way that certain ideas and lines get repeated.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  13. New track

14. New Rolling Stone profile:

15. Ok but I'm screaming at the fun. drive-by dragging?

16. I really liked their first album, but the 2nd one very much seemed like a vehicle to drive Nate Ruess to a solo career, which flopped compared to how well Jack is doing. I guess I'm thankful the band broke up because it yielded to something far greater.

17. I remember I avoided the Bleachers debut for years before giving it a chance because I hated We Are Young with a passion. It's now one of my all time favourites. Jack himself was talking about Bleachers like it was a side project at the time so yeah I'm thankful things went this way in the end.

Wishlight, nooniebao and Tracy Jacks like this.
  18. This is really, really pretty.

Early reviews have indicated the back half of the album gets a bit quieter and strays from the Stop Making This Hurt (Don't Take the Money/I Wanna Get Better) template of big, 80s pop. If this is any indication of that, I'm really excited to see how the theatrics peel away—Jack tends to do his own vulnerable moments really well, like All My Heroes or Wake Me.

drewsky and SlowBurn like this.
  19. Ugh, the man can do no wrong. I’m so obsessed with him it hurts.

I’m also glad that he’s taking a new approach. Chinatown and Stop Making This Hurt are already two of my favourite Bleachers songs, so consider me incredibly perched and ready for this album.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021 at 4:52 PM
    unnameable likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.