Bliss Channel | The Popjustice Forum

Bliss Channel

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by mrsleaze, Jun 20, 2006.

1. How wonderful is this channel?

It's like Magic and Heart, but plays the songs them channels wouldn't touch.

Quite simply amazing!

2. It certainly has its moments.

I've got my fingers crossed for Flaunt, which is 'going gay' from 1st July onwards...
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds33436.html

x

3. I do like Bliss, they play some downright cheesy classics on there, and Flaunt will be good - hopefully they will play some good SAW classics!

4. Bliss is so rubbish! I have a grudge against it because it replaced The Amp, which was a great channel. Flaunt v2.gay should be interesting - lots of Europop please!

Jessica

5. But you know it will just be "Kylie Top 20 botox injections" countdowns.

6. slimane

slimane Guest

They keep playing the dreadfull (new single) 'Louise' by Bonnie Tyler in all her glittery, tassled denim.

7. Agreed, The Amp was ace. Plenty of indie, but also a fine dsiplay of Songs Without Guitars. I remember seeing Guillemots followed by Sugababes once, made my day.

8. For a while The Amp used to play Basement Jaxx and Pet Shop Boys and all sorts of ace stuff. The older stuff they played was rubbish but I also heard of some genuinely ace new bands you wouldn't ever see the videos of on the pop channels.

Jessica

9. I remember the Amp (before Chart Show TV took over the running from Sky) when they had "Wind Down" which was a rather fab selection of chill out vids. I do miss that.

On the subject of Flaunt... been watching today... a tad repeatitive at the mo (maybe because it's Pride Weekend), but you can't go wrong with Dannii's "This Is It" in my humble opinion.

Oh, and hello - I'm new to the PJ boards!

10. Haven't seen one Girls Aloud video yet...

11. Well I'm giving the new Flaunt its first viewing this morning at work, so far so happy, but then I'm easily pleased by commercial chart dance choons!

12. I saw Jump by GA yesterday on the new Flaunt, so they've not been forgotten. The station overall is not that much different to how it was before, but I hope they don't stop playing new music, cos I never watch the videos of recent hits. If it's an old video I've never seen or not seen for ages then I'll watch it, but otherwise I'd rather see the new singles than those we've all seen so many times before.

Jessica

13. Saw "Sound Of The Underground" last night as it goes.

Been impressed by some of the vids played -

Catatonia - Dead From The Waist Down
    Tori Amos - Cornflake Girl
    Kosheen - Catch U

Was a bit taken aback by the Jason Donovan - Joseph Megamix though!

I've got "Tea & Songs" set to Sky+ this afternoon as am intrigued to see what they play in their "chillout" section.

The new videos shouldn't be forgotten - they have a section called "Nu"

14. For anyone interested, todays "Tea & Songs" playlist consisted of...

Beth Orton - Concrete Sky (x2)
    Katie Melua - Nine Million Bicycles (x2)
    The Zutons - Confusion (x2)
    Bob Marley - Sun Is Shining (x2)
    Sigur Ros - Saeglopur (x2)
    KT Tunstall - Other Side Of The World (x2)
    Nizlopi - JCB (x2)
    Simon Webbe - No Worries (x2)
    Lemon Jelly - Nice Weather For Ducks (x2)
    Robbie Williams - Come Undone
    Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
    U2 - Original Of The Species
    Royksopp - Eple
    Aqualung - Strange & Beautiful
    Sarah Mclachlan - Fallen
    Travis - Turn
    Unkle - Eye For An Eye
    Wyclef Jean - Gone Till November
    Lauren Hill - Ex Factor
    The Beatles - Don't Let Me Down
    Jack Johnson - Upside Down (x2)
    James Morrison - You Give Me Something
    Sade - Your Love Is King
    Flaming Lips - Do You Realise
    Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats
    Coldplay - Speed Of Sound
    Coldcut - Tru Skool
    Tricky - Hell Is Round The Corner
    Radiohead - Pyramid Song
    Corrnne Bailey Rae - Trouble Sleeping
    Annie Lennox - Why
    Will Young - All Time Love
    Royksopp - Only This Moment
    Robbie Williams & Kylie Minogue - Kids
    Blur - Coffee & TV
    Athlete - Wires
    Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker
    Rob Thomas - Lonely No More
    Norah Jones - Don't KnoW Why
    Belle & Sebastian - Funny Little Frog

Not bad, not bad...

15. Hmm, yes, quite diverse which is good, although definitely not my preferred cup of tea (no pun etc).

Quite like the sound of a Joseph megamix.. in fact I propose a Megamix hour - you can't beat a good video megamix - MTV Hits used to do a fantastic Steps one that you can find on YouTube.

16. Ah yes, the Steps megamix - glorious! I remember MTV hits playing all the Steps vids back-to-back on Boxing Day when they split up. I was watching, with a tear in my eye...

Am quite impressed with Flaunt so far, the themed sections are very distinct, which is good. Keep meaning to record "Flaunt Hard" from midnight to see what sorta dance music they're playing...

17. 'Tea & Songs' wasn't my cup of tea either. And what has tea got to do with gays? Or chillout music for that matter. It could have been on any music channel.

Jessica

18. To be honest, I couldn't understand the Tea/Gay relationship either...

19. Flaunt just played Fiona Apple "Not About Love". This is do be commended.

(Followed up by Pet Shop Boys "West End Girls", natch)

20. Steve

Steve Guest

With the exception of Sandi Thom, Coldplay and Flaming Lips, I mostly quite like the entire "Tea & Songs" playlist, although it is quite VH1.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.