BLΛƆKPIИK | Page 182 | The Popjustice Forum

BLΛƆKPIИK

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by 3Xs, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Teddy really threw all the stems from The Album into a blender and dumped it on the floor. I’m happy for Lisa having her own video and single but this is so bad.

singabob likes this.
  2. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

A performer!

thommyh, lushLuck, tj-x and 7 others like this.
  3. I think this is the first time I've seen dancers noticeably wearing masks in a K-pop MV (not stages)? They incorporated it cleverly in the Thai sequence but it still kind of caught me off guard.

4. Look at how she ATE that!

I love LALISA. My favorite solo so far actually dd. The bridge slaps and the music video is, obviously, phenomenal. I wish it was fully in English though (or at least Thai instead of Korean). The song could also be a Blackpink title in my opinion because their whole aesthetic/vibe is more Lisa than anyone else.

HippoSteaks, _hazzie_, tj-x and 2 others like this.
  5. Her stage presence is among the strongest in K-Pop. She just gets it when it comes to serving face and swag. I actually really like the chorus choreo, but what’s missing here is a gag-worthy post-bridge dance break that she’s 100% capable of.

_hazzie_, wodny and ultraviolet like this.
  7. It's hardly revolutionary, but both "LALISA" and "MONEY" slap. And unsurprisingly the MV for "LALISA" was a serve. I wonder if YG will let her shoot a MV for "MONEY" like they let ROSÉ for "GONE."

8. The stage for the Fallon performance was so pretty that it made me warm up to the song a bit. But I still find it so beneath her.
    I've seen some fans online say that she probably shot it already. There were two separate occasions where she was shooting something and some friends and members were sending those food trucks to set.

collxtion, An Insider and elektroxx like this.
  9. Poor JENNIE only getting one solo song and MV.

10. Jennie’s solo is the best so far, however, so she still won.

Rosé’s second video looks clearly unplanned as it was leftover footage from the photoshoot she did for her mini-era. I really think she should’ve pushed Gone instead, though.

davidbesan likes this.
  11. Rosé is going to the Met Gala.

12. The footage was actually meant for the short Gone intro VT on Blackpink The Show. Fans wanted the full thing so they just put together an extended edit of it for the full song.

ultraviolet, Lately and An Insider like this.
  13. I wonder if the other girls will be going as brand ambassadors for the luxury houses that they each represent.

soratami likes this.
  14. I think only Rosé so far is going, though it’d be weird if the others won’t go… I’m sure their respective brands would’ve funded it. It does make me wonder if she’s also attending the VMAs, they possibly won their category.

15. I've always seen people say Korea is extremely xenophobic but I really didn't expect it to be that much. A shame.

tj-x, Mikl C, An Insider and 2 others like this.
  16. Actually, upon further reflection, that makes sense. YSL tends to send a group of brand representatives each year, whereas I think that Celine, Chanel and Dior only dress attendees rather than sending their own brand representatives. Also, with Jisoo being a Dior Beauty representative, maybe that's different from being a Dior representative.

17. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Wait, who is Ozuna, besties? I’m just glad we’re getting at least one (1) group song this year fffffffff (assuming this collab is real).

19. She's ambassador of fashion and beauty actually.

Charles Vingt-†rois likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.