Bloc Party Radio 1 "DIVA" Minimix | The Popjustice Forum

Bloc Party Radio 1 "DIVA" Minimix

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ADolla, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Doing nothing to dissuade rumours of Kele's sexuality (and nothing wrong with that), Bloc Party have created a five minute minimix for Annie Mac's BBC Radio 1 show themed around DIVAS! I caught it by complete chance last night on the way home from the gym, and I could have made it myself, literally all of my favourite artists in there and I'm sure many here will appreciate it as much as I did.

Tracklisting
    1. Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
    2. M.I.A. - Boys
    3. Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
    4. Peaches - Fuck the Pain Away
    5. Unknown (tell me if you know it!)
    6. Beyonce - Get Me Bodied
    7. Donna Summer - I Feel Love
    8. Grace Jones - Nightclubbing
    9. Unknown
    10. Bjork - Pluto
    11. I recognise the song but I can't name the singer
    12. Same as above
    13. Same
    14. Candi Staton - You Got the Love
    15. Madonna - Vogue
    16. Mariah Carey - Fantasy?
    17. Pat Benatar - Love is a Battlefield
    18. Missy Elliott - unknown song
    19. RuPaul - Supermodel

If that tracklisting interests you, listen here
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00lwtfq from 24 minutes in.

2. Didn't Kele admit that he was bisexual? I remember reading an article about it, but not sure.

3. I think it would be fantastic to have an openly gay/bi lead singer of a very prominent band on the indie rock scene, even though they are floating more towards electro-dance currently. Just to represent. I dunno. I love Kele, I thought he was awesome before I heard of the 'rumours', but then the lyrics on Somewhere in the City started to make sense...

4. Truman, you're a doll for digging up the article :).

5. Would Brian Molko count? Admitedly, Placebo are not as prominent over here as they once were.

6. Some good songs there, but it's hardly a 'mix'. It plays more like a series of individual clips... maybe I'm missing the point?

Good to see an openly gay indie performer though.

7. He's down the Joiners DJ'ing on many a weekend so it's no secret that he's gay.

8. I also heard KP & Envyi with 'Shorty Swing My Way' and Tina Moore with 'Never Gonna Let You Go' in there.

The Missy Elliott song was 'The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)', with the Tina Turner sample!

9. Black Box - Ride On Time as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.