Blondie

• Thread starter Deleted member 5343
  • Start date
My vinyl “against all odds” boxset arrived. It is absolutely stunning. You can see how it took six years to complete. I almost feel a bit emotional haha - it’s so gorgeous. I wasn’t sure if I was going to splurge because of the price, but I am so glad I did. Wow.

I know I’m in the minority, but “The Hunter” is actually my 2nd favourite Blondie album after “Eat To The Beat”. I find it far more consistent than “AutoAmerican”.

If “War Child” had been the lead off single and the album cover wasn’t so terrible, it would have a better reputation and would’ve sold better. My only major criticism is that the album had this weird sound running through it that sounds like Debbie was singing in the room next door to the mic.

I know I’m in the minority, but “The Hunter” is actually my 2nd favourite Blondie album after “Eat To The Beat”. I find it far more consistent than “AutoAmerican”.

If “War Child” had been the lead off single and the album cover wasn’t so terrible, it would have a better reputation and would’ve sold better. My only major criticism is that the album had this weird sound running through it that sounds like Debbie was singing in the room next door to the mic.

Debbie phoning it in before Phoning it in even existed. Visionary.

My vinyl “against all odds” boxset arrived. It is absolutely stunning. You can see how it took six years to complete. I almost feel a bit emotional haha - it’s so gorgeous. I wasn’t sure if I was going to splurge because of the price, but I am so glad I did. Wow.

I couldn't justify the cost personally but it does look nice.

And noone posted since my last post as I now pop up to say looks like it's been cancelled. Just waiting for official update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230321_174745_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230321_174745_Chrome.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 16
BBC Four are showing an episode of The Old Grey Whistle Test on Friday 30th June at 11pm featuring Blondie in concert at the Glasgow Apollo (first shown on New Year's Eve 1979)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001nc55
BBC Four have already shown this twice in a 30 minute (28 minute to be precise!) version (once in 2007 & repeated in 2021)

The version being shown on BBC Four on Friday 30th June is scheduled for 40 minutes,so there could be two or three songs included that weren't featured on the 30 minute version.

Wasn't there some story of how the entire compelted original album masters were lost by accident and the actual released album is a second recording and production of the material or something? Maybe he just preferred the originals.