Blood, Tears & Votes: The Hurts Discography Rate. #8: I knew it right from the start | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Blood, Tears & Votes: The Hurts Discography Rate. #8: I knew it right from the start

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by CorgiCorgiCorgi, May 20, 2019.

?

which album are you rooting for?

1. Happiness

46.9%
  2. Exile

12.5%
  3. Surrender

12.5%
  4. Desire

9.4%
  5. Dedicated by Carly Rae Jepsen, out now on iTunes and Spotify

18.8%
  1. Thank you!

CorgiCorgiCorgi likes this.
  2. The extension is giving me happiness.

3. I could tell it was what lots of you Desired, and I didn't want you to feel like you had to Surrender due to lack of time.

Exile

soratami, londonrain, abael and 2 others like this.
  4. The middle section of Desire...

5. I was actually surprised how much I liked Desire when rating. I hadn't listened to it in over a year.

6. I listened to Exile and Desire one time when they were first released and I remember nothing really grabbing my attention... Hoping to be proven wrong now.

londonrain and CorgiCorgiCorgi like this.
  7. Happiness - 6.688 (10x2, 1x1)
    Exile - 6.643 (8x1, 4x1)
    Surrender - 5.714 (9x1, 2x1)
    Desire - 4.584 (7x1, 1x1)
    Extras - 8.5

CorgiCorgiCorgi and əʊæ like this.
  8. Leaderboard tea:
    • Every album has a song in the top 10. Yes, even that one.
    • The lowest-ranked song has a sub-4.0 average.
    • There are only three songs that got 11s in the top 10, and they're all in the top 3.
    • We lose at least one 11 before the scores break 7.0.
    • Several songs have gotten 0s, but so far, no song has received both a 0 and an 11. So your faves are safe! (well, safe-ish)

9. Just a couple days left to vote! Get your votes in by Monday, July 8, 2019, 11:59 BST.

Not sure what time that is where you live? Here's a converter!

I'll wait about 24 hours after voting closes to do the first elimination, just in case the time zone difference messes anybody up.

10. This is pretty much my To Do activity this afternoon, you'll get my ballot within the next 12 hours. Admittedly I am 3/4s of the way through :)

11. I’ve done a first draft of my ballot but am listening to everything again to check my scores.

12. I am working on this today! My commentary will be next to nothing, but my scores will be in your inbox today!

13. Just sent it.

- Only two albums got at least one 10
    - Lowest score is one.
    - The cover of confide in me would indeed have got my 11 had it been competing ddddddd

14. I am coming for that high voter average based on what you are all saying! Ddddd

I think HURTS may rival my average from the Dalida Rate and would probably have beaten it if it weren't for some moments in DESIRE!!

soratami, Remorque, əʊæ and 3 others like this.
  15. I’m editing my ballot and every time I listen to certain songs I keep adjusting my scores upwards help.

16. Also, I imagine this is how Hurts' discussions with Columbia went when they were recording Surrender:

Columbia: Welcome to the label. Now, your previous album didn't do that well, so we think you should listen to a bit less Nine Inch Nails and give us something... less depressing.
    Theo & Adam: Less... depressing?
    Columbia: Yeah, you know... give us an album with stuff the listeners can sing along to in stadiums. Anthemic choruses and stuff.
    Adam: Anthemic...?
    Columbia: Yeah. Some real belters.
    Adam: ...
    Theo: ...

*six months later*

Theo:
    [​IMG]
    SHE SAID HER DADDY WAS AN ALCOHOLIC!!
    AND HER MOTHER WAS AN ANIMAL!!!!!

soratami, tylerc904, Remorque and 8 others like this.
  17. According to Google, it is 5:25 PM BST. So, when this post is 6 and a half hours old, voting will be closed!

I'll do the first reveal about ~24 hours later, just in case anyone's having any last-minute delays or the spreadsheet decides to turn itself inside-out.

soratami, Remorque, əʊæ and 3 others like this.
  18. I don't have my headphones at work today but I assume that is right. Send me your score when you can and I'll update the spreadsheet!

Remorque, berserkboi and londonrain like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.