Blue | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Blue

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by snoho, May 5, 2016.

1. MB

MB

Fuming they’ve covered one of my all time favorite songs.

Musiquelover64 likes this.
  2. Oh it’s a cover? Who did the original?

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Google tells me the 112 but I wasn't familiar with it either. Makes a decent Blue song though

4. MB

MB

Yeah it was originally done by 112. The Blue version isn’t far off the original to be fair.

Mvnl likes this.

5. The original! 112's "Chapter III" album is superb. This was the third single after "It's Over Now" and "Peaches and Cream".

"Dance With Me" was particularly big in Australia (I think #2?) But it wasn't released in the UK weirdly. I think it would have been a hit!

The Blue version is.... ok! The rap is a bit cringe though. HOWEVER, I really wanted them to go back in a more R&B leaning direction - so if the album is more in this direction, I'm happy!

6. I like this new one, very reminiscing of early Blue.

Antony really said “I wanna sing more than two words” this time around.

OlliMaus and topopMAC1 like this.
  7. Oh, the 112 version was always in rotation in high school! Blue could probably go back in time and cherry-pick songs from regional bands like this to curate a perfect perfect old school Blue sounding album.

POPGASM, Musiquelover64 and topopMAC1 like this.
  8. Wow not Blue snatching up another US r&b boyband hit and making it their own, its not bad for what it is

JasonJay likes this.
  9. I got a Ticketline / Blue advert on Facebook saying that Megan McKenna is the “special guest” for the tour… Atomic Kitten & Blue sounded much better.

studeane12 likes this.
  10. MB

MB

Oh wow, what a downgrade.

Dance With Me really should have been the lead single. It seems it’s just an album track which is a shame as it really harks back to the original Blue sound and it’s much better than the middle of the road stuff they’re choosing to release.

Robbietoxic likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.