BoA | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

BoA

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by _hazzie_, Jul 26, 2011.

1. I really hope SM will give her another chance to go in the USA... She's very good...

2. She looks fantastic in the video for The Shadow. The song has gone from catchy to love in a day.

3. Stunning beauty K-Queen.

[​IMG]

[More here]

4. She really is looking more beautiful than ever.

5. "Implode" is one of the best k ballads/ songs of all time.

send photo likes this.
  6. Totally agreed on that, it's a gorgeous song.

7. Implode is heartbreaking. I love it.

send photo likes this.
  8. She will come back in Japan in February apparently. I can't wait. I wished she could get another chance to break into the USA to promote Cobu 3D

9. I really hope she'll revive her career in Japan.

10. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

Commercially that probably won't happen. All about representing herself as an artist at this point.

So "Only One" Japanese version. I'm stoked. Another dance video? More performances? Yes, please. Complaints of 'lazy' or not, it's an important release in her career and I'm glad Japan is getting theirs.

SHE's HOLDING A CONCERT IN KOREA. First ever. And I'm in the country then. But a small venue with what, 3k seats? I just know I'll fail at getting tickets somehow.

11. I personally can't wait for BoA to get back to makin pu$$y poppin' jams like she did on "Hurricane Venus." I'm not here for the "artist" BoA. Leave that sh*t to Utada.

12. 3Xs

3Xs

Hurricane Venus was the worst single of her entire career. Dreadful. Only One all the way.

13. More singles in the same style as Only One would be amazing, but releasing another My Name would be the best.

14. I really meant the album as a whole lol. That cd was amazing! "Only One" was cute, but the album was full of filler.

15. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

While enjoying this latest album (and as short and tight as it is I don't see the fillers) I do think the Hurricane Venus album was a tad better, even if the singles were about 100 levels below Only One (and The Shadow)--- but it definitely wasn't full of pussy poppers. What I liked about it was that the ballads were unusually good.

16. Filler? Only One, Shadow, Hope, Not Over U, The Top; all brilliant. I thought it was much more cohesive than HV as whole. Stand By, MEP, Let Me, Ordinary Day, Romance off the top of my head were all filler.

17. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

Some of my favorite tracks among those.

18. I wonder if she still wants to be seen as BoA, the artist or BoA the superstar... I miss the superstar. She's a dance machine

19. The general public obviously disagreed, as the album sold half what HV sold (unless someone has more updated figures). HV had great uptempos like "Hurricane Venus," "Dangerous," and "Let Me," as well as cool midtempos like "Game" and "M.E.P." The ballads were also awesome as well. The last album lacked good hooks and had dated production IMO.

20. Okay so I might've slightly exaggerated with the likes of M.E.P and Romance but Stand By and Ordinary for example are such snoozers! I found the upbeats to be a tad generic SM.

I just get the feeling that Only One is a lot more geniunely 'BoA' than HV was, which altogether felt more like what SM thought BoA should be. But of course that's just the way I see it. :)

I don't really pay attention to sales, but in regards to this, Only One (the song itself) seems to have fared much better on the charts than HV as a song. And nowadays digital sales and airplay are a much bigger factor in popularity in K-pop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.