BoA | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

BoA

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by _hazzie_, Jul 26, 2011.

1. It's a big shame but sales are kinda low at the moment, so it's not as terrible as it could be (but still terrible).

Anyone else get the feeling Avex are taking a bigger hold of her again? I think the past few years (IDENTITY especially) she's been driving the car, but obviously it's done no good so now they're putting her in the backseat again. I'm all for artists leading their own career but if truth be told I haven't really enjoyed her output since 2009 and this is her best single in years so maybe I don't mind too much

2. But The Shadow is her best single and she wrote that one herself!

3. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

Not to mention Only One did better than any of her other JP singles this year. Plus her brother directed her latest MV so she's got some say. The single selections have been a bit weird though, perfectly fine album tracks but not really singles-songs like Tail of Hope.. they don't build an image or solidify presence as much as just give some music to the regular fans to pick up.

4. I agree about Tail of Hope and I have to remember how the chart views R&B as was mentioned. I think Call my name would have been better as the main focus of the single as well.

5. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

[​IMG]

Today in LA: Make Your Move premiere- BoA, Derek Hough, Nappytabs, cast and crew of the film and some other US dance personalities like Nigel Lythgoe will be attending along with fans who won tickets.

6. Will there be a soundtrack for the film?

7. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

Yeah it's up for preview on itunes actually. Unbelievably there are no BoA tracks on the soundtrack (though she does sing a version of the theme song in the end credits).

8. That is so ridiculous she is not on the soundtrack. SNSD, f(x) and TVXQ are there but not BoA, the star of the movie. It just seems like a missed opportunity.

9. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

10. Oooh thanks for posting that!

11. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

12. I wished she released another english album. Her debut english album is one of my favourite album made by an asian act. I think with Make Your Move, she can get some great exposures.

13. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

14. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

[video=youtube;f006vUC1f8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f006vUC1f8A[/video]

15. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

BoA's favorite backup dancers got engaged!

[​IMG]

16. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

More JP live activities

[​IMG]

17. Havana Brown? How bizarre!

18. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

As posted in the main thread, dorama theme Fly

■ Title「FLY」
    ■ Song, Lyrics, Composition:BoA
    ■ Arrangement:Jeff Miyahara & Takashi Fukuda
    ■ Label:avex trax

Even if it doesn't get a physical release it will be the first original Japanese promo or regular single composed by BoA, even though she had writing credits on album tracks from her first albums. Only One, of course, was just a JP version of the Korean release.

19. The new single is so awesome, loving it!

20. What is the new single? When will she come-back in South Korea?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.