Bon Jovi - We Weren't Born To Follow | The Popjustice Forum

Bon Jovi - We Weren't Born To Follow

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dazzle, Aug 20, 2009.

1. I am fully expecting this topic to bomb as I can't see many PJers liking Bon Jovi but they have always been a weakness of mine. However, I detested their last album and their new country sound. Thank fuck, it all seems to have gone on the new single which is back to their old style. They have a new album called 'The Circle' out later this year too so hopefully it is less wanky than the last one.

Any other "fans"?

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Fans a big word but I absolutely lóve In These Arms!!

3. upu

upu

Awww back to the original sound? thank god!!!
    I hate so much the last album and really hope the new stuff will be like 'Slippery When Wet' & 'Keep The Faith'.

4. I thought I was in the minority for hating it! I have all the albums from 'Keep the faith' but refused to buy the last album. My favourite album of theirs from the 2000s is definitely 'Bounce'.

5. Not really a fan, but I do love their older stuff.

6. upu

upu

What?!?!
    'Crush' is SO much better than 'Bounce' !

7. I didn't play 'Crush' that much when it was out but 'Bounce' didn't leave my stereo for the best part of a year.

8. Charley

Charley Staff Member

I find 'Who Says You Can't Go Home' to be a pleasant listening experience.

9. See that one's not bad but it's unprecedented success is what led to that God awful country album.

10. MOP

MOP Guest

OH MY GOD I REALLY LIKE THEM.

The 00's hasn't seen them have one cohesive album with really good songs. Bounce had Bounce, and Crush had It's My Life. If I had to pick a favourite out of all the noughties albums, however, it'd probably be Have A Nice Day. I hope this one's good.

My favourite songs are Livin' On A Prayer, In These Arms, Bed of Roses, Bad Medicine and Always.

11. I think my all time favourite is 'All about lovin you'. I know it's just a rehash of 'Always' but it's a beautiful song and the video is one of my all time favourites. Other faves would be 'Livin on a prayer', 'Someday I'll be Saturday night', 'You give love a good name', 'It's my life' and 'Always'.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.