Bonnie McKee - Worst In Me | The Popjustice Forum

Bonnie McKee - Worst In Me

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Smoke My Cigar, Apr 29, 2009.

1. I've been a big fan of Bonnie since she released her first album 'Trouble' and she's just recently uploaded some new songs on her myspace including this song 'Worst In Me' which I thought I ought to post about, I love it! It's a big departure from her first album (which I'd imagine 90% of people on here probably don't even know about) but there are some great new songs on there, 'Thunder' and 'To Find You' are gorgeous too.

Her myspace is http://www.myspace.com/bonniemckee

Has anyone else actually heard/got the 'Trouble' album? It was practically the soundtrack to my college years along with The Donnas' 'Spend The Night', so many great songs on there!

2. I think I listened to her album once before going back to my Skye Sweetnam album. Looking at her Myspace, I don't ever remember her being so... slutty?

Island likes this.
  3. One of the songs on her album was about her being 14 and sleeping with a 30-something guy, she's always been a bit 'colourful' to say the least...

4. Her first album is FANTASTIC. I could listen to the whole thing all the way through without ever getting bored. "Somebody" was and still is one of my favorite songs ever (although I'm not sure if I like the demo or the album version more).

5. Agreed. The whole album is perfect, such a strong debut just a shame it never caught on. She appeared in an episode of CSI Miami (or New York, can't remember) recently as a busker that's killed and sang parts of some of her songs on there but commercially she's been pretty quiet over the past few years since she was dropped by her old label.

I still can't believe she'd written all the lyrics and music to the songs on the first album before she turned 16, it's just so mature and her lyrics are beautiful.

There's a great impromptu performance of her singing 'To Find You' on a video podcast here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x26Va00FyWM

6. Just figured I'd bump this old topic I posted seeing as so many people are talking about Bonnie now due to her songs for Katy Perry, Britney, Taio Cruz. Is anyone else excited for her sophomore album? It's been so long!

7. I am! I haven't listened to her first album properly yet, but I am definitely going to do it later this week.

The songs I have heard by her are amazing though.

8. i have high hopes for her album, working with Dr Luke/Max Martin aswell gives me the hope of something along the lines of 'Teenage Dream'.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.