BØRNS - General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum

BØRNS - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Noir, Jan 13, 2015.

1. BØRNS is this guy:

[​IMG]

Or maybe it's a band, I'm not quite sure, but the music is great, so it doesn't really matter.

I love this song. It's on the debut EP, which consists of four beautifully produced, slightly 70s-inspired songs. There are guitars. There are synths. There's some 'indie' edge to it too, but basically, it's pop music. Proper pop music. Not boring. It's what I imagine T. Rex's Marc Bolan would've sounded like if he worked with Max Martin or the producers behind Tove Lo's album. It's the type of music I wish Miley and The Flaming Lips will come up with for her next album.

To put it more simply, it sounds a lot like MGMT back when they weren't shit. Bold.

Also, they were on Conan. It was great: http://teamcoco.com/video/b-rns-01-06-15

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  2. Re: BØRNS (Not A Swedish Indie Pop Chanteuse, But Still Amazing)

ahhh in love

3. Re: BØRNS (Not A Swedish Indie Pop Chanteuse, But Still Amazing)

'10,000 Emerald Pools' is so pleasant and breezy.

4. Re: BØRNS (Not A Swedish Indie Pop Chanteuse, But Still Amazing)

YES. I'm in.

5. Re: BØRNS (Not A Swedish Indie Pop Chanteuse, But Still Amazing)

Annoyingly out everywhere apart from the UK. Have messaged him to ask about UK release but no response.

6. Re: BØRNS (Not A Swedish Indie Pop Chanteuse, But Still Amazing)

He's beautiful but that severe centre-parting does his hair no favours, side-part it please.

I may or may not comment on the music.

7. Re: BØRNS (Not A Swedish Indie Pop Chanteuse, But Still Amazing)

Music video is out!

[video=youtube;L4GrDOOIIbk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4GrDOOIIbk[/video]

8. Re: BØRNS (Not A Swedish Indie Pop Chanteuse, But Still Amazing)

Oh I am so into this. (The song and the suit jacket.)

9. Re: BØRNS (Not A Swedish Indie Pop Chanteuse, But Still Amazing)

Officially Taylor Swift-approved!

http://instagram.com/p/yDxflGjvKv/

10. Still no UK release. Grrrrr.

11. So the album leaked, but it comes out tomorrow anyway. Apparently, it features production by Emile Haynie and Jeff Bhasker, so if you're into Natalia Kills this is probably going to be your cup of tea (just joking) (not really).

I think I'll wait for the official release.

12. Hilariously this album sounds like a Lorde album. His vocals are almost spot on, inflections and tone, everything.

There's some really great tracks on this, I can see it growing with time as well. American money, holy ghost, electric love, Dopamine are all highlights. Its actually a really solid debut, I can see this being quite big but a slow burner for the general public.

A surprisingly pop record considering some of the productions.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  13. 2014

2014 Moderator

I really love Electric Love so I'm perched to see what the album sounds like, especially if y'all are comparing to it our Lord(e) saviour.

14. Yeah, when I listened through this morning, I kept thinking "Who does this guy sound like? Its uncanny!" and Lorde popped into my mind and I cannot unhear. Its more apparent on a select few songs.

But this is not a bad thing of course, his higher voice really meshes well with the electronic flourishes and gritty guitars. Its very MGMT meets Lana del rey, meets Lorde in sound in some places. (If I were to compare)

15. I'm prepared for this to catapult it's way into my Top 10 of 2k15.

16. I've been listening to this album all day, Its so great.

17. Overnight Sensation is brilliant, I can't wait to blast this in the car later.

18. American Money is totally Lorde, but in a Taylor Swift does Lorde kind of way. It's super mainstream and addictive.

The album is really good, even if all the best songs had already been included on the EP. It's great. I wish BØRNS would come up with a visual that does his music justice. So far the videos have been fairly disappointing. The album cover is nice, I'll give him that.

19. The Emotion is basically my obsession right now. For me, the album was super listenable and I basically really like everything, but at the same time I still feel a little underwhelmed? I think I just set my expectations a bit high after the Candy EP, but it's still one of my favourite albums of the year thus far.

20. THIS ALBUM.

Jersey and Noir like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.