BPG 2019 - THE END | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

BPG 2019 - THE END

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Jan 19, 2020.

1. PJers not liking a ballad? I am SHOCKED.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  2. The way the Snake Lady wedged something as trite as London Boy in between the poetic, heart wrenching Thousand Cuts and Soon You'll Get Better. Maybe i deserve it

[​IMG]

Remorque, myblood, Sanctuary and 5 others like this.
  3. Sis Norman Fucking Rockwell is the forum's favourite album of 2019.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  4. RJF

RJF

The current Top 10 sure is... well.

Remorque, myblood, evilsin and 14 others like this.
  5. Not when they're the audio equivalent of a "Live. Laugh. Love." wall fresco, no.

6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Don’t worry we hate Look At Her Now too x

7. Dddd it's really not that deep, I just think it's a cute song.

Music Is Life likes this.
  8. Even if "Break Up..." wasn't problematic, it's still trash. Probably even worse than 7 Rings.

9. I have no idea what the consensus on the Lion King thing is here. I find some of it thrilling and some... bordering on odiously cynical and unimaginative.

I have thirteen 10+s, with ten of them distributed between two artists. But aside from the two albums I really love, probably my wildest spread of scores in a BPG rate so far...

10. Sis I highly doubt ghostin’ will be outside the top 15 at minimum so I’m not sure it has anything to do with the song being a ballad. I think it has more to do with how poorly constructed Lose You to Love Me is on a base level: the copy-pasted chanting, Selena’s clipped delivery, the vague platitudes...there’s just nothing to hold onto.

Slice of Life likes this.
  11. Lover houses my 11... and the only 0 I’ve given in any of these rates.

12. If Lover was 10 tracks long, it could've been one of her best albums. There's just a few too many songs that should've been left on the cutting room floor.

But instead they released them as lead singles... seriously, why does Taylor always pick the worst songs as her first singles?

soratami likes this.
  13. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Has Lover always been this dull?

Like, it's not a bad album it's just.......... dull. God, reputation's highs were so much higher than this.

Remorque, myblood, evilsin and 4 others like this.
  14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

She doesn’t have taste.

Also Mine would like to be excluded from this narrative.

myblood, GimmeWork, Lila and 5 others like this.
  15. 12 years later, Love Story remains her best lead single. We love a classic.

Remorque, RainOnFire, rdp and 5 others like this.
  16. Gawd, yes. Quite possibly one of the worst track sequencing decisions I've ever heard. I was way more horrified experiencing that jarring emotional whiplash than anything else this era... and that includes 'ME!' as a lead single.

17. I kind of love London Boy ddd. It is pretty silly but I find it really cute and endearing. Plus it always reminds me of

18. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Don't offend Twice like this.

Remorque, myblood, evilsin and 5 others like this.
  19. Well, I wasn't implying the songs are similar or anything, it's just the "I fancy you" lyric that appears in both that always makes me think of FANCY when I listen to London Boy.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  20. And 'We Are Never Getting Back Together' please.

Remorque, myblood, stuaw and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.