BPG 2019 (TOP 42!) | Page 63 | The Popjustice Forum

BPG 2019 (TOP 42!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Jan 19, 2020.

1. let me be dramatic ashley

2. Sweet but Psycho is a top tier basic bop. Ava’s career is questionable but she made a point or two.

K94, Remorque, nooniebao and 10 others like this.
  3. Aldi Max made a pleasant pop sing with 'Sweet But Psycho', the kind you'll keep on when it shows up on shuffle but never actively seek out. The look, the following singles, the live performances, the unbelievable doberman stanning the thread saw... absolute carnage.

K94, Remorque, inevitable and 4 others like this.
  4. We know Natalia Kills can be a bit aggressive on occasion, but calling her a doberman is a bit too much.

5. [​IMG]

6. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Your elephant memory astounds me

K94, Remorque, inevitable and 28 others like this.
  7. Wondering which Billie song will get the boot first. Nothing was below a 7 in my ballot.

Maki likes this.
  8. Same

[​IMG]

9. SCREAMING! Obviously on-brand, but still DYING. The wit, charm and expert shade of it all.

I feel like I was just clocked pausing my Billie playlist, grabbing my triangular over-sized sunglasses, skipping the SPF(!) and fleeing my dungeon hotel room in a frenzy so that I have time to stop at the rite-aid for bronzer before all the seats at that "chat" fill-up so that I can properly stan the Vanderboobs in person!

10. Every time I hear even three-seconds of "Sweet But Psycho" I feel like my time is being wasted. It's just joyless. I'm not opposed to lobotomy-pop of this kind per se, but this is just so miserably done and, for a song that is quite curious as a "hit"/cultural object in a lot of ways, just utterly inessential.

11. Sweet But A Psycho is a fine little drag music adjacent toe tapper, I gave it a 5. So Am I is where the derivative nature of Ava really really becomes unenjoyable.

12. And to think it only took her one more single to reveal her true form. Talent!

Remorque, inevitable, sesita and 2 others like this.
  13. ...but at least we can all agree Sweet But Psycho > Stupid Love.

14. RMK

RMK

No.

Remorque, myblood, JMRGBY and 3 others like this.
  15. Nn this is chaotic.

16. [​IMG]

17. What the actual fuck.

Laura Vanderbooben likes this.
  18. "Small Talk" is burdened by being the landmark of her career where attaining commercial success was officially over the hill as a possibility and no longer a realistic achievement. Harleys at least gets to exist in the space where it is free of such assumption.

But even then, it's really:
    Never Really Over: 8/10
    Harleys In Hawaii: 6/10
    Small Talk: 4/10

19. Tea. I am so glad I am not alone in the not being swept by Never Really Over-camp.

Maki and Sanctuary like this.
  20. This from the high scorer for ME! and Senorita?!!??!

[​IMG]

GimmeWork, ufint, K94 and 45 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.