BPG CLASSIQUE 2011 - The End | Page 122 | The Popjustice Forum

BPG CLASSIQUE 2011 - The End

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Jan 24, 2022.

1. BTG

BTG

I gave Americano an 8 and have been hammering it ever since. I’d have bumped that score up now in retrospect.

It’s absolutely demented and the type of track that only Gaga could release.

GimmeWork, Maki, sesita and 8 others like this.
  2. It's impossible for me not to get swept up in Americano. The way the tension winds up tight right before the gun shots into that chorus feels like slamming the gas on the first open road out of town. It's absolutely exhilarating but I didn't expect it to place much higher.

Hair is for the girls whose parents taught them tattoos were evil so I should've anticipated some of you well adjusted fags wouldn't get it.

myblood, GimmeWork, Wills and 27 others like this.
  3. Americano being a Popjustice stomper is not something I ever imagined so I'm still a little shocked. Everyday learning something new.

4. Americano is absolutely stunning and goes hard. How it didn't chart higher is disappointing!

heavymetalGAGA, Ashling92 and Maki like this.
  5. Americano is a fulfillment of the music you’d think someone who dressed like that would make. It’s unparalleled.

myblood, Sail On, GimmeWork and 21 others like this.
  6. "Americano" is a twelve out of ten. Psychotically low placement.

myblood, GimmeWork, stuaw and 9 others like this.
  7. R27

R27

On paper "Americano" sounds like something I would love, but I'm always so underwhelmed when listening to it. Something just never clicks for me and I honestly find the whole thing a bit grating by the end, despite liking the message of the song.

8. This deserved higher just for this:

[​IMG]

myblood, GimmeWork, Wills and 21 others like this.
  9. Maybe a hot take, but I’d say these should be ranked in the order you’ve listed them, highest to lowest. I’d bet on ‘Hold It Against Me’ outlasting ‘Born This Way’ though, on the basis of Gaga having several better songs on the album and Britney… not.

10. "Americano" being out before the top 30...

[​IMG]

It's been my favourite from "Born This Way" ever since I first heard the album and it remains that way.
    What a song. Maybe I should've just went all out and gave it my 11.

11. Some of you bald bores need to STFU about Hair and its continued slaying.

myblood, 2014, Phloo and 16 others like this.
  12. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

only an icon

myblood, GimmeWork, Verandi and 12 others like this.
  13. RMK

RMK

I'm happy Electric Chapel is still in. Unsung hero of Born This Way.

14. I’ve been quite (rightfully) hard on Britney this entire rate, but despite the breakdown very much branding its age, I found ‘Hold It Against Me’ a considerably more enjoyable re-listen than I had suspected I would.

myblood, GimmeWork, Mushroom and 19 others like this.
  15. This tea though sksks I was well adjusted until BPG Classique 2013.

GimmeWork, Jonathan27 and Phloo like this.
  16. hair needs to go

to the top 5 it deserves!!!!!

Laura Vanderbooben and Andrew like this.
  17. 30

[​IMG]

SCORE: 7.732

HIGHEST SCORE: 10 x 25 (@theelusivechanteuse, @Someboy, @sexercise, @Remyky22, @GimmeWork, @dylanaber, @Glitterizer, @Dynamo, @soratami, @Epic Chocolat, @Phloo, @Gardenia, @Ana Raquel, @Syzygyz, @FridayNight, @Music Is Death, @Petty Mayonnaise, @aaronhansome, @Remorque, @Andy French, @1991, @Lapras, @Attis, @klow, @Atletico)
    LOWEST SCORE: 3 x 2 (@Andrew, @happiestgirl)
    MY SCORE: 9/10
    RJF'S SCORE: 8/10

Your eyes don't deceive you, we have jumped from 32 to 30 as there's a little tie here! I will handle the first #30 place, building some anticipation for my still sexually viable cohost to reveal the other half.

It feels like a bit of a surprise to see How I Roll depart now, but we're also getting into the thick of some very high-profile albums and singles, and there's only three Femme Fatale songs left now. This was never going to go too much higher, let us be honest with ourselves. But it definitely feels like the Britney track that has aged the best; it's fizzy and quirky and all the things that work best with Britney. She has the kind of voice that can easily work as its own instrument, and here Bloodshy brilliantly layers it in among soda popping and bubblegum snapping.

How I Roll is one of the few tracks from the later half of Britney's discography that is fully willing to get as weird as Britney openly and proudly is. It's a little bit SOPHIE, a little bit Cashmere Cat, chirping and gasping like it just woke up from a visceral dream. There isn't an overt hook, but the whole thing wedges itself in your brain anyway. The tempo is like a metronome, unchanging and steady - it feels uptempo, while being midtempo, a neat trick. It's casual and carefree, two things Britney has always done very well. Even the tour performance of it has some zip - the choreography actually fits the track, for one thing, and the adjusted instrumentation is dreamy and lush.

Bloodshy seems to have been pretty inactive as a producer-for-hire over the last several years; most of his recent work is under the Galantis project, his duo with Linus Eklöw (Heartbreak Anthem girlies where you at). Even Miike Snow - his band with producing partner Avant, and Andrew Wyatt - hasn't released an album since 2016 or played a show since 2019. Come back to us, sis. I've long thought How I Roll would make a great jumping off point for a full length album, but ten years later...I think it still could!

myblood, Sail On, GimmeWork and 66 others like this.
  18. (I wanna go)
    Downtown where my posse's at!

[​IMG]

(Because I got)
    9 lives like a kitty kat!

[​IMG]

This carefree bop deserved so much better

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
    myblood, GimmeWork, Wills and 33 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.