BPG CLASSIQUE 2011 - The End | Page 78 | The Popjustice Forum

BPG CLASSIQUE 2011 - The End

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RJF, Jan 24, 2022.

1. I've always really liked Gasoline for some reason

[​IMG]

myblood, Sam, K94 and 47 others like this.
  2. Melmagpie Matstolenkas getting sued for You Da One instead when this is literally a copy pasted early M.I.A. video is so...

Actually pretty shocking Maya never started a Twitter beef with Rih in the wild wild west of 2010 Twitter over it.

myblood, Sanctuary, godspeed and 19 others like this.
  3. I was re-reading the elimination for You Da #14 Peak and realized that I had literally no memory of the video at all so I decided to watch it and um..................great wigs, beautiful wigs [citation needed]

Syzygyz likes this.
  5. RMK

RMK

Roc Me Out is a retread, but at least it excels at what it's doing. There's tons of filler across Talk That Talk that isn't memorable or even carrying distinct hooks.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    K94, Mushroom, Music Is Death and 6 others like this.
  6. I didn’t know till now that We Found Love, Rude Boy and You Da One we’re all directed by the same person. Egregious rip offs but also perfect music videos?

GimmeWork likes this.
  7. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Didn't she also rip-off Dave LaChapelle with S&M too? At least she's consistent in method.

8. While I was studying filmmaking and we were all encouraged to get odd jobs as runners where we could, one gay got a job on the You Da One music video shoot. Girls I was shaking with jealousy.

Then I watched the video and was like nah I’m good actually

myblood, K94, heavymetalGAGA and 27 others like this.
  9. Who's That Chick being out this early is traumatic.

10. I miss you, like everyday
    Wanna be with you, but you're away

[​IMG]

Deserves Top 10

11. Well the voters had an agenda and were determined to see it through, I don't think Rihanna and Britney deserved this bad of a bloodbath, especially losing Roc Me Out already.

12. RJF

RJF

We're losing the first 11/10 of the rate tonight.

myblood, K94, joe_alouder and 28 others like this.
  13. Poor @DJHazey

myblood, Sam, K94 and 38 others like this.
  14. It's mine. I know it.

15. Maybe it's stockholm syndrome from the 10 years Rih's heel was firmly planted on my neck(?), but I still knew 80% of the lyrics to the album despite not revisiting Talk That Talk until this rate. I still scored it for the garbage bin as it's easily the weakest album here... but whew!!!!.... her power here was darksided, magnificent and I miss it.
    I know it'd be a side-gig, but I really hope she eventually gives us another era because I do miss her magnetic energy.
    *applies Fenty clown make-up* as new music from virtually all the other ladies (yes even Britney) feels more imminent.

boombazookajoe likes this.
  16. Ah yes, the nefarious agenda of eliminating the bad songs and keeping the good ones in must be stopped at all costs!

myblood, Mr.Arroz, K94 and 30 others like this.
  17. My lowest remaining scores are for the following songs:
    Yoü and I
    Dance for You
    Do Ya Thang
    What the Hell

While I'm at it, I'll also say this: "Roc Me Out" is better than "Rude Boy".

[​IMG]

18. The way this happens every rate for @DJHazey

myblood, Mr.Arroz, Andrew and 2 others like this.
  19. Well yes, that's true, I just happen to think the albums are alot more evenly balanced.

MilesAngel likes this.
  20. I participate in like 200 rates per year though, so it evens out in the end.

My guess is someone threw Adele an 11.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.