Brandy - General Discussion | Page 53 | The Popjustice Forum

Brandy - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nunya B, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Besides The Boy is Mine; Top of the World, U Don't Know Me, Have You Ever, Almost Doesn't Count and Angel in Disguise (which I'm glad they finally corrected in Spotify, as it was tagged as "Angel in Disquise" for the longest time) are my top picks from a fantastic album.

2. Truthfully, the title track, Learn the Hard Way and Happy are all career highlights for me. A faultless album aside from the Bryan Adams cover.

kermit_the_frog and sesita like this.
  3. Hmmm.

I'd say You Don't Know Me, Learn The Hard Way, Have You Ever, Angel In Disguise, and Tomorrow. Honestly hard to choose as 90% of the album is top-tier quality.

TRAVVV and sesita like this.
  4. The whole album is fantastic but i'd say Angel In Disguise, Learn the Hard Way, Tomorrow, Almost Doesn't Count and the iconic Boy Is Mine are my favorites (today).

5. Put That On Everything is probably my favorite track these days besides Angel In Disguise. The last three tracks are a slog for me to get through these days though. David Foster should’ve only done Have You Ever for the album. His other 2 cuts are throwaways. Tomorrow would probably work better for me if Foster’s other stuff wasn’t sandwiched around it.

I still remember selling tons of the CD when it dropped through playing it constantly overhead in FYE when it came out. We later added Monica’s album in the mix when it dropped the following month.

Push and Vasilios like this.
  6. Never Say Never is really a masterpiece and a flawless album. There are only 2 songs that I'm not crazy about, Truthfully and Put That on Everything, but they're not that bad. My favorites are
    The Boy Is Mine, Have You Ever, Angel In Disguise, U Don't Know Me and Almost Doesn't Count.

7. Never Say Never, Full Moon and Afrodisiac are stone cold classics and I will not hear otherwise. Absolutely essential. I love them almost as much as I love Aaliyah's 3 albums.

8. But the debut is as iconic and essential as the rest.

topopMAC1, BreatheBox and lushLuck like this.
  9. I never clicked with it, to be honest. Not even the singles.

10. Yeah, same with the debut. I love the singles but it's probably my least favorite album tied with B7. For me Never Say Never, Full Moon, Afrodisiac and Human are godly and four of my favorite albums ever.

11. Almost Doesn't Count might be my all time favourite song. Everything about it is so perfect, the song itself and of course Brandy's vocals. I mean the whole album is iconic but that song hold a special place in my heart.

That run on "Every time you build me up, you only let me down" is very God Warrior I Can Hear God.

TRAVVV, topopMAC1, londonrain and 2 others like this.
  12. "I Wanna Be Down" and "Full Moon" are underrated classics.

topopMAC1, Mr Blonde and lushLuck like this.
  13. New music coming July 7th:

14. I DJ at a show bar for drag and recently someone did a Brandy mix which was I Wanna Be Down / Sittin' Up In My Room and Best Friend!!! I love Best Friend so much, even though I hate knowing that it's about Ray J. hehe I grabbed the CD of the debut from my parents house when I visited a few weeks ago and listened to it on my drive home. It had been a long while since I had listened to it in full and I was very happy with it. But The Boy Is Mine remains my favorite album of hers.

topopMAC1 likes this.
  15. That cover has solely made me class the album as a solid 8/10 - you make a very good point - get rid of it (and maybe the Diane Warren!!!) and it is a career topping 10/10…

I revisited B7 this week and it’s now a really strong EP to me - once I began treating it as a Björk/Enya “adventures in sonic texture, melodies a bonus” project, I got along with it much better. Those problematic lyrics on a few tracks aside (detailed perfectly up thread by @londonrain so no need to repeat) it has some really rapturous moments…

TRAVVV, sesita and nooniebao like this.
  16. I hope this is the start of a new era already and not just something random.

And that it's a return to form after that last album.

17. James Fauntleroy? This already sounds like a course correction. B7 was painfully disappointing. But I have faith in Brandy.

18. I’d love a duet between the two of them cause I think James is super underrated as a solo artist but I’m excited if it’s just a co-write. I love almost everything he’s had a hand in writing for other artists.

Euphoria and Mr Blonde like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.