Breaking Bad (Final season) | The Popjustice Forum

Breaking Bad (Final season)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Big Bang, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Surprised there isn't a thread for this! One of the best shows on television. Anybody watching??

2. This is a BRILLIANT show. It's never exactly been a ratings blockbuster, but its reputation seems to be growing on word of mouth. Like The Wire before it, I can see it being raved about for years after it's gone.

I'm loath to say too much in case anyone plans on checking it out for the first time, but there's a lot to recommend it. Thanks to the tight plotting and character development, unlike most shows, it actually improves with each season. It constantly wrong-foots you and challenges your expectations as well - the shocking end to this week's episode being the prime example. Thinking about how the show started out, with Walt being just the ordinary guy trying to provide for his family after he's dead, very few would have expected the story to pan out the way it has.

Only 3 episodes left this year though, and I'm not looking forward to the lengthy mid-season hiatus.

3. I was so gripped watching seasons 1 and 2 and then I eventually got through 3 however I totally lost interest at 4. Which is a shame because it really is such an amazing show. I can't say enough good things about it.

4. It has such a perfect balance of humour and darkness. I laughed pretty much non-stop throughout an episode in season 4 and then actually had my mouth open throughout the last few episodes.

And it's amazing how we were rooting for Walter up until this season, and now we're viewing him in a completely different way. Never saw this coming at all.

And the acting is incredible. Really don't have a bad word to say about this show.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5. *1 year later*

IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!! Incredible return with some jaw dropping moments.

I forgot it was so unpopular on here! *weeps for thread*. It's really gaining a following online from what I've seen this past year or two.

6. The first episode back was IMMENSE. That scene between Walt and Hank was brilliantly chilling.

7. The Hank/Walt showdown was the moment I was waiting for since season 1. Amazing episode, can't wait to see how everything's going to end

8. Ok is there any non-spoiler version of this thread?! I am on season 3 mid way. It is so slow, but I like it more every episode. Still only like it though, not loving it yet. I presume it continues to improve each season?

9. Tonight's episode was so intense!!!!!!!! My god. I need to lie down.

10. I honestly couldn't take it at certain points. The show has been turned on its head now that Walt's epic secret is finally known to the one person he's needed to hide it from most since the series began, and yet...nothing is happening, in the most unbearably gripping way possible. All bets are off and we know that things have to escalate (we've seen the flash-forwards) but in the meantime all we can do is wait as the writers leave us dangling in suspense.

11. AAAAAARRRRRFFGFHGHHHHHHH!

12. ^ Pretty much sums up how I felt.

13. I'm emotionally drained and generally unable.

14. SBK

SBK

I cannot wait to get home and watch this. ARGH.

15. That episode just killed me. I don't think I know of any other show that builds suspense quite like this. Walts turn to fully fledged villain has been terrific to watch.

16. Had to literally pause that episode to breathe while watching it, it was that ridiculously intense.

17. SBK

SBK

HANK!

Felt so sorry for him, but there was really no way he was getting out of this alive.

Also thought for a second Walt was gonna kill Skyler, but willing him on to off Walt Junior.... Yet he still lives...

18. Flockheart

Flockheart Guest

Dang I'm missing out. All my friends watch this!

19. The show just keeps knocking it out of the park, week after week. This week's episode was a masterclass from all involved.

20. SBK

SBK

How do we think its going to end? Walt has to die surely‽

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.