Bridgerton | The Popjustice Forum

Bridgerton

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by VicePresidentJocasta, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Shonda didn't create this series, but it's the first of her productions to hit Netflix. Based on the recent Hollywood Reporter profile, there are some lofty expectations for this internally – which is to be expected given what they paid to get Shonda to Netflix and how long it's taken to get material.

I don't know anything about the book series this is based on, but it basically looks like Gossip Girl meets PBS? It's probably shit. And I absolutely will binge every second of it.

The teaser is solid.

GimmeWork, LPT, Jonathan27 and 6 others like this.
  2. You took the words out of my mouth.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  3. This looks expensive. And also pure inconsequential fluff?
    I will definitely hate-binge-watch it just like I did with Emily in Paris.

spaceship, DoggySwami and Maria like this.
  4. Shonda’s period stuff is a mess. When is she going to give us another glossy soap.

5. I don't care how good or bad this is, Jonathan Bailey is in it so I will be watching.

6. Absolutely this. Loved the teaser.

7. This looks trashy & amazing but I have to say it was jarring to see Carly Beaker as one of the lead characters.
    [​IMG]

8. The series she created that's coming in 2021 stars Anna Chlumsky, Julia Garner, Katie Lowes, and Laverne Cox and is based on this article about Anna Delvey - I'm genuinely perched for it.

9. A major sign of confidence from Netflix: this has already been quietly renewed for a second season, set to go into production in March.

10. We should also remember that Mindhunter got a second season renewal before the general public had seen the first, so while it is a vote of confidence, it's certainly no guarantee that an increasingly fickle Netflix won't can it if it gets too expensive for their liking.

Andrew.L likes this.
  11. Ms Shonda probably had it written into the contract

lushLuck likes this.
  12. Gossip Girl in a period setting?

I'm going to hate this, but I'm most definitely in.

OlliMaus and lushLuck like this.
  13. The reviews are rolling in and they're overwhelming positive, basically saying that this is A+ soapy fun and exactly what we need to end this shit year. With 10 reviews so far, it has 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

The full trailer also dropped last week:

Island, Mikal, Jonathan27 and 5 others like this.
  14. I'm actually really looking forward to it now. I've been feeling down for months so I hope it will cheer me up a bit.

15. I so excited for this. Boxing Day viewing sorted!

lushLuck and Maria like this.
  16. I'm going to binge the hell out of this. The trailer looks so fun!

lushLuck likes this.
  17. I am never one for period piece dramas but Jonathan Bailey (yum) and the Gossip-Girl-like tone of it is making me rather excited for it to come out. I can’t wait to ignore my family and watch this on Friday.

Andrew.L and lushLuck like this.
  18. All these costumes oh my my my.

Andrew.L likes this.
  19. Any viewer reviews on this? Just finished The Flight Attendant and I'm in the mood for some more soapy fun but not big on period pieces.

20. I'm about three episodes in and it's been a lot of fun so far. The costumes and sets are all gorgeous, and it manages to liven up some of the more tired Regency-era tropes. The performances are wonderful too, and you can tell Julie Andrews is having a blast playing the show's Gossip Girl

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.