Bridgerton | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Bridgerton

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by VicePresidentJocasta, Nov 2, 2020.

1. I've just seen that Queen Nicola Coughlan from Derry Girls is in this, so I'll have to give it a go.

elektroxx, Andrew.L, Island and 4 others like this.
  2. It’s pretty much a period piece through and through. I was expecting a bit more sensationalism and highjinks. However episode 4 really kicks into high gear and shit starts happening. Some great acting in episodes 3 and 4.

MarlonBrando86 and DoggySwami like this.
  3. On Episode 6 and I couldn’t be more obsessed with this. Exactly the ‘Shonda does Jane Austen’-style soap I was hoping for. The aesthetics are stunning on every level, and the show is as silly, fun, and entertaining as humanly possible.

elektroxx, stuaw and BTG like this.
  4. BTG

BTG

This is high trash and I love every second.

Holly Something, lushLuck and stuaw like this.
  5. Island

Island Staff Member

Screaming at the orchestral rendition of thank u, next during the first ball scene.

6. He’s always been a snack, but has Jonathan Bailey always been this buff?

lushLuck likes this.
  7. I've watched the first 3 episodes and this is exactly the gorgeous, glossy trash I was hoping for. The writing is surprisingly strong, in large part because it isn't trying to be anything other than it is - frothy, escapist fun. The cast is great (and beautiful), too.

8. Yeah, they know this is escapist trash, and it’s not trying to be anything more, and I cannot thank them enough for it.

Also, a few of these sex scenes really got me worked up.

Island and VitaminBee like this.
  9. BTG

BTG

The Duke is beautiful.

10. Like distractingly stunning.

And @stuaw Ive been following Jonathan Bailey for a few years but I don’t recall him being this buff.

The eye candy on this show is sickening.

spaceship and stuaw like this.
  11. You’re in for a treat! There’s an orchestral take on a modern song in every episode.

bad guy is a fave.

Island and lushLuck like this.
  12. BTG

BTG

I have never seen a more beautiful man. When he teaches Daphne to masturbate I-

lushLuck likes this.
  13. This show is so limp nn. There’s absolutely no dramatic tension and, beyond a couple of funny lines each episode, there’s nothing to offer but that costuming. What a wet fart

Rob, dell321, Jasper47 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Island

Island Staff Member

Yes, but his boxing buddy. Ugh yas.

I'm enjoying the show, but I don't really care about Daphne and I'm much more intrigued with Eloise. I'd also rather watch Lady Bridgerton, Lady Featherington, Lady Danbury, and the seamstress gossiping together

spaceship, Andrew.L and lushLuck like this.
  15. This is exactly what’s missing from the show! It seems to have all the right elements: Good acting, nice costumes, pretty people. It’s however just so boring. A shame.

spaceship likes this.
  16. Unfortunately Daphne is the weak link in the show, which is a pity as she is the main character.

Leopold and spaceship like this.
  17. Watched the whole thing yesterday and enjoyed it in all its bodice-ripping glory. The storyline got a little frustrating at points but the performances and the production values more than covered any of that. Julie Andrews’ narration was sublime. And I am a full Lady Danbury stan.

Island and lushLuck like this.
  18. I'm in love. Liked it better than the books teebs (I've always found Julia Quinn overrated and she doesn't write sensuality very well, also Daphne and Simon are easily one of the weaker novels in the series but they worked pretty okay here).

Daphne is pretty weak but she did improve over the course of the season (or maybe I related to her unabashed thirst for Simon?). Excited to see Anthony, his story is one of the better ones in the books. And Eloise. The Duke was seriously startlingly handsome - if him, Henry Golding and Henry Cavill did a film together, I'd never survive.

Also, Lady Danbury, the greatest.

19. This looks camp as fuck, I can’t wait to watch it.

spaceship and Pawneeforever like this.
  20. Isn’t it problematic that, in this world created by a white woman, there isn’t racism “any longer” because the white king married a woman of colour? Like... doesn’t that strip people of colour of any agency whatsoever? And the fact it’s only explained away in a few sentences of dialogue...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.